Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I've put a Deposit down.
Should collect it sometime next week.
Old 02 April 2001, 08:54 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Looks very nice Scott, it's in my local Autotrader, (Hyth Kent)!

The old Prodrive/Recaro interior was fantastic too, I think the seats were arguably more comfortable and better than the later ones. As for the suspension package, my old MY95 would stick like glue to any bend you threw it at. Plus you get the Prodrive edition plaque mine was PD027, and was on an N so this one should be an even earlier conversion (one of the first!) Unless they started the numbers from scratch each year as mine also had 95 on the plaque!

rgds
Nito
Old 02 April 2001, 01:34 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Nito,

Did yours come with any engine mods. I'm trying to establish whether an engine mod was the norm.
At the moment I can only confirm that the Wheels, Interior and Suspension have been 'Prodrived'.

Does the Dash plaque mean anything of significants i.e what mods are fitted.
Old 02 April 2001, 02:57 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Scott,

The dash plaque symbolizes that the car is a prodrive edition which for that year meant

-17" wheels (The ones pictured, make sure you also get the tool with them to release the outer cap to access the wheel bolts)

-Prodrive Suspension (These were uprated dampers and springs but unlike the new ones these were both black so apart from ride height you wouldn't know to look at. I think they changed the rear roll bar too.)

-Recaro Interior. Same as that in the series McRae only without the Series McRae written on the seats. These are very comfy Recaro front seats. You also get a full re-trim in matching fabric rear seats/door cards as well as a leather trimmed steering wheel which is very chunky and thick which gives it really good feel and the dash plaque showing that the car is a prodrive edition (prodrive edition plaque I believe only came with the cars that had the chassis alloys/suspension and interior package.

The engine mod for that year was a Ramair panel filter, a Prodrive rear backbox and the ecu. The only visual clue is the rear backbox. The prodrive edition didn't include the ppp which was an extra on top so chances are it doesn't have it. If it has the twin pipes at the rear then no it doesn't. Or you could give Prodrive a bell with the plaque no. and get them to tell you.

I've got a picture of the interior on my old one if you want to see what it looks like I can scan it in!

rgds
Nito
Old 02 April 2001, 04:57 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Cheers Nito,

That all seems to tie up.
The interior is certainly Recaro and is as u say 'Comfy'.
It has a leather trimmed 'Air-bag' steering wheel aswell

The tail-pipe was certainly a twin-pipe, so it looks like the PPP wasn't done, unless of-couse the Silencer rotted and a standard replacement has been fitted.

As mentioned earlier I'm probably gonna fit either a Magnex or Scoobysport rear box anyway.