Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

EGT gauge + AFR combo in my car at last!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2002, 02:37 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Finally, after months of faffing about I managed to get all the bits, bobs, mechanic and my car in the same place and the same time

Now I have a new addition to the dash..

The pod is from Power Engineering, the EGT gauge is from Scoobymania, the AFR I made myself with help from the DIY thread in Drivetrain.

Now my trackday season can commence..

Justin
Old 08 July 2002, 03:57 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Got to get one of those, it does look good.
Old 08 July 2002, 04:41 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Smile

Thanks! I was quite chuffed when it went in, the hardest part was drilling the LED holes in a straight line. I was even more happy when the thing worked after hacking away at the ECU wires .

It was only when I recieved the pod that I realised I could fit the AFR in, I dare say that if you don't want to make the AFR yourself the Dawes one would probably fit there too, but I'm not sure how deep the Dawes AFR goes back - it could get tight. I've only mounted the LEDs there, the box of tricks is next to the ECU in my case.

Justin
Old 08 July 2002, 06:28 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I saw this being done on Saturday. He spliced those cables like a work of art! His little 'box o tricks' fitted in perfectly alongside the ECU. I had to look twice to see where it had gone.
I hope that all of your hard work and the new spoiler made your weekend a goodun I still can't get over how cool my Turbo Timer is. Wound 'The Fitter' up a treat!

Cheers,

Nick
Old 08 July 2002, 08:19 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Very neat, nice one!

Rich
Old 09 July 2002, 10:36 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers all

Nick the spoiler did indeed add that finishing touch to a top weekend BTW the foam on the spoiler expanded and filled the gap - just add water . Hope your car gets well soon - MRO splitter next on my tart list methinks

Have to say now that I've driven it at night those LEDs are too bright, its perfect for daytime but its a Trouser style light show past dusk . Time to modify the box of tricks, hmm lets see now an inline resistor on the LED feed, switched in via the sidelights......

Justin