Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

ace275's Legacy 3.0r Spec B 6-Speed Manual

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2023, 10:03 AM
ace275
Scooby Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ace275's Legacy 3.0r Spec B 6-Speed Manual

Hi all. Previously registered here but my old profile name got changed to my actual name for some reason so I'm under a new one (Not that I posted much anyway). I'm trying to find myself a JDM Twinscroll 6-Speed Manual Facelift, in estate form (Easier said than done), but for now this came up for sale and will do me as a introduction to Legacies whilst I wait on the car I want. It's not my first Subaru (Previously had a 2004 WRX Estate PPP)

I have wanted to return to Subarus as the Impreza was the best all round car I've ever owned, but they're just a little too small to return to Imprezas, and a little anti-social looking and I wanted something more low-key.

I'm in Northern Ireland, so for those in mainland UK/GB just to explain the below, our MOT systems are goverment facilities, and they have a 4 month backlog. A retset can take a few weeks to get a slot, and they're inspections only, no works are carried out at MOT centres, and garages can't MOT cars.

Copied from my local forum:

With the Jag XF sold and my Camper sold the next night, I needed to find a runabout to do me until I can find something I'm really after. I was considering a cheap TSport corolla as they're still buttons, then this popped up and Seemed like a great all rounder, especially for all the money that it was being advertised for. It was frankly a complete bargain I couldn't say no to.

It's a 2005 Legacy 3.0r Spec.B (UK), with 166k miles, and importantly, the desirable 6-Speed manual with what appears to also be the r180 rear LSD

It only had 2 weeks MOT left, so given the backlogs here I took the risky move of booking an MOT in England near where I was collecting the car for around an hour after arranged pickup time. The seller did mention the front left tyre had shoulder wear as he never got it realigned after replacing the front Bilsteins.

After collecting the car I put a new pair on the front as the backs were nearly new, which will keep the AWD system happy, and headed off to the MOT

During the test it failed on a small patch at the back of the driver's cill, but being the mainland, the guy on the next unit up made an immediate slot, done the required works, and the MOT tested inspected and passed the car. Phew!

Onwards to the ferry from Oxford, with a quick stop at Clarksons Farm Shop, however disappointingly this was closed, but another time maybe

Anyway, disembarked the Liverpool-Belfast boat this morning after a very rough sailing with spray hitting the deck 8 windows at the front, and got straight in to polishing the headlights and giving the car a thorough clean, as it was quite grubby, followed by some BiltHamber double speed wax

All in all it's proving to be both comfortable and capable

The following 3 users liked this post by ace275:
Old 17 January 2023, 10:04 AM
ace275
Scooby Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and I have ordered some Whiteline shifter bushes as the shifter has loads of slack and play at the minute. Could do with rocker cover gaskets too so that's on the horizon. Going very well otherwise, just an excellent all rounder for all they are these days.
The following users liked this post:
Old 22 January 2023, 11:58 AM
joelle king
BANNED

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

looks nice !

Last edited by joelle king; 22 January 2023 at 05:26 PM.