Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My 2003 Blobeye STI

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2021, 07:29 PM
Proudyy
Scooby Newbie

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My 2003 Blobeye STI

Hello all. I am updating this post over the course of my ownership. Last updated: October 2022.

UPDATE: I sadly sold the car At the end of October 2022. With a new job requiring commuting, I need to replace this. It’s been a pleasure and a nightmare to own at once, but it was a fantastic car throughout my ownership. I hope the new owner treats it with the same respect!

I have owned this car since September 2020 and decided to do a bit of a write up of what I have done so far. It has come a long way and I really am happy with it at the moment, despite needing a bit of work doing still to make it perfection.
As of September 2022, the car is absolutely immaculate, there is a single stone chip on the bonnet, the front splitter is cracked but its already the second one I have bought, not buying another until its breaks completely.

When I had my arches replaced, I opted to have them rolled on the inside as they were catching my tyres. They have been fully sealed as well, car has been undersealed at some point but that was in around 2017 before my ownership.

This car really made me get into my JDM vehicles, the community and friends I have made makes this an awesome car to own. Enjoy the write up.

The current mods
Owen Developments HTA71 Turbo (Supplied and Fitted at Chevron Motorsport)
ID 1050cc Injectors
Xtreme Clutch
Roger Clark Motorsport Induction Kit
Samco Engine Hoses
Lighter Flywheel
Mapped by Duncan at Surrey Rolling Road
3 Port Boost Solenoid
Omni 4 Bar Map sensor
Gravity Performance Front Mount Intercooler

3 Inch Decat exhaust with Afterburner Raptor Backbox
Godspeed Discs and Brake pads
Front and Rear Strut Brace
JDM Wind Deflectors
JDM Rear Plate
XXR 527 Wheels
Rainsport 5 Tyres

RESPRAYED BITS (I am so OCD I try keep it perfect, however it is difficult as it does get driven)
Bonnet x2 - First time after removing carbon wrap, second time after I messed up patching in a stone chip.
Scoop x1 - Resprayed with the bonnet
Wings x1- Resprayed with the bonnet and scoop the first time
Front Bumper x1 - With bonnet, scoop and wings
Rear bumper x2 - First time when having arches cut out and replaced, second time in September 2022 when I scratched it on a fence.
Wing Mirrors x1 - Resprayed in September 2022 with the rear bumper

No other respray work has been carried out in my ownership.

September 2020
I had driven 122 Miles to Yeovil from Aldershot to look at a black One, I liked it but ideally I wanted blue, On my way home this one popped up on Facebook Marketplace In Salisbury. I was not keen on the Carbon Wrap but I knew I could just change it back.

This was the picture on the night of me driving home and giving its first tank of fuel from my wallet.

NOVEMBER 2020

Went in for a cambelt, waterpump etc and i didnt realise it had already been changed 8k miles before, however peace of mind. It smelt of fuel and found I had I think it was split fuel hoses or something and that cost be about £1k overall with cambelt etc. Car was running all good and no fuel smell ever since.

DECEMBER 2020

Removed the Wrap with a heater and this still happened, ruined my paintwork and paid around £450 for a full bonnet, wing and scoop respray. Was not happy as already spent almost £2k in 2 months of ownership.

FEBRUARY 2021

Really didn't like the wheels as you can imagine, so after seeing photos with people with XXR 527's I had to have a set. Picked up some uniroyal rain sport 5 tyres too.

It also decided to blow a hole in the radiator and that needed replacing, luckily TFS racing in Aldershot was able to help and £270 all in new radiator was fitted and worked fine ever since.

APRIL 2021

The HELLA horns it had on it had clearly seen better days, I took them apart and cleaned them up. Also the front badge really needed replacing. THE FRONT BADGE I REPLACED IN AUGUST BUT IM SHOWING A PHOTO NOW TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE WITH THE HORNS.
Also I sprayed the Aircon Pipe Black so you cannot really see it, looks smarter.

JUNE 2021

I had wanted to buy a splitter for a while but never did get around to it, finally I took the plunge and with help from my dad got it all fitted up.
First one I ordered was HTAutos off ebay and the fit was not all that great, had to drill one or two mounting holes myself. Second one I used
AeroDAutos and the price was £40 cheaper, better fit and stronger.

Top Splitter is HTAutos and bottom is AeroD Autos

Bottom one as you can see is suited to fit much better than the top one which you can see I had to drill my own hole as there was a mounting bolt in the middle, just no hole in splitter.

AUGUST 2021

Love or hate it I fitted the Toyo Tires Sunstrip and I fitted the new badge that you saw in an earlier photo. It stands out from the rest and I quite like it.
I cant remember what month but I had managed to Facebook Marketplace a Afterburner Raptor exhaust and had that slip joint fitted at TFS Racing.

NOVEMBER 2021

I purchased a Gravity Performance front mount Intercooler Kit in Black and fitted this literally hours before this post with help from friends. I also also just purchased some Cusco Coilovers in great condition off eBay for
a bargain, imported off a JDM Impreza the guy is putting it back to standard.

Took the car down to Surrey Rolling Road and had it on the Dyno where we managed 419bhp. Duncan wanted more!
We fitted a Omni 4 Bar map Sensor and a 3 port boost solenoid and now are running Mafless.

430.8bhp with I think 378lb Torque.

December 2021
After messing up the bonnet paint with touch up paint after having it painted, I had to get it done again! I had the front bumper, Winglets, Fog Covers, Bonnet all resprayed again and now it looks brand new and not a mark on the front of the car.
I had paintless dent removal done on the car which did all four doors and now there is not a single parking dent on the car. I just had the Cusco Coilovers fitted and tracking done for a fast road setup at Subaru4You.
I also just collected some Wind deflectors off a subaru being broken and now will hopefully get them fitted this week.

FEBRUARY 2022

I have done a few things over the last couple of months. Changed to a rear JDM size plate, had paintless dent removal done to remove all the little dings and currently the car is having the arches replaced properly! Little bit of rust has been bugging me for the last year and a bit and I have finally bit
the bullet to have them cut out and replaced properly. Expensive to do but now they car is in absolute MINT condition.

Car now also has the JDM wind deflectors on.

MARCH 2022

Car was running a bit rubbish under boost, only under boost. Replaced spark plugs with NGK PFR7B Spark Plugs supplied from Scoobyworx, also replaced coil packs just in case. Back to running great again.
Also had Paintless Dent removal done to remove the parking dings, £120 well spent for all 4 doors and rear arch.

APRIL 2022

Heathrow Performance took my car in and I had a full oil change service. Replaced Engine oil and filter, Gearbox Oil and Differential Oil. Been too a couple different car shows the last month and have someone's prom end of June as they wanted me to take their son so wanted the car in tip top shape.

JUNE 2022
Replaced spark plugs with some NGK PFR7B plugs. Did only about 30 miles this month as I was moving house and changing jobs. I removed the mudflaps as they were starting to show their age.

September 2022
I reversed into my fence at home and scratched my bumper! Upset, I booked my car in on the friday and dropped it off monday, where I had the rear bumper resprayed as well as the wing mirrors as they had never been done in my ownership and had a few stone chips. Car is back looking MINT!
After removing the mudflaps last month it left a few bolt holes in the rear bumper sides, when they redid my bumper they have now fixed and reinforced the bumper if we were ever wanting to fit the mudflaps again.
Big thanks to Chris at C&T Automotive.
Engine code P-0134 came on a week or so ago which is showing as a 02 Sensor, replaced it with a new one from import car parts. The original one has a male head and the new ones have female, we had to cut and solder the old head onto the new sensor, heat shrunk it all for perfection.
Took it for a afternoon drive to get my haircut and went to the local Surrey Subaru Meet.

October 2022
I do not get out in the car much, usually garage it on a sunday and it does not come out until the following friday or saturday. The tracker or alarm has been causing the car to have a flat battery, I think it deserved a new battery as it is the same one since I bought it.
Now its been replaced with a new Lion Battery from Euro Car Parts.

Rear bumper nicely redone

Left

Right

After having arches replaced

Ready for paint

JDM rear Plate

Rear end

With a buddy at Black Swan Monthly Meet

Last edited by Proudyy; 30 October 2022 at 02:54 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Proudyy:
adam.pah, Dave Y, JdmSti2006, johno01, newhavenhibby, the shreksta and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08 November 2021, 06:22 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

looking good buddy
Old 17 November 2021, 01:24 PM
WrxSti03
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my old Impreza, I did the cambelt, water pump etc.
Brought it in 2015 and sold it in 2018.
The following users liked this post:
Old 17 November 2021, 01:28 PM
WrxSti03
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 17 November 2021, 03:25 PM
Proudyy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by WrxSti03

haha no watch what do you drive now? Did you fit the Hawkeye steering wheel?
Old 18 November 2021, 10:22 AM
Samu81
Scooby Newbie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Proudyy
Hello all.

I have owned this car since September 2020 and decided to do a bit of a write up of what I have done so far. It has come a long way and I really am happy with it at the moment, despite needing a bit of work doing still to make it perfection.

September 2019 - I had driven 122 Miles to Yeovil from Aldershot to look at a Black One, I liked it but ideally I wanted blue, On my way home this one popped up on Facebook Marketplace In Salisbury. I was not keen on the Carbon Wrap but I knew I could just change it back.

THE MODS AS I BOUGHT IT AND WHY IT STOOD OUT TO ME, APPRENTLY WAS RUNNING 440BHP AS MAPPED BY BOB RAWLE
HTA71 TURBO SUPPLIED AND FITTED AT CHEVRON MOTORSPORT
1050CC INJECTORS
XTREME CLUTCH
RCM INDUCTION KIT

LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL
FULL DECAT WITH CUSTOM EXHUAUST
GODSPEED DISCS AND PADS

Rear
IMO the rear never gets old. This "newage" generation, no matter bug / blob / hawkeyes it has, the rear end is the business end
Old 18 November 2021, 01:44 PM
Proudyy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Samu81
IMO the rear never gets old. This "newage" generation, no matter bug / blob / hawkeyes it has, the rear end is the business end

agreed!
Old 23 January 2022, 04:00 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Lovely car mate and good thread 👍👍

shame you’re selling it but good luck 👍
Old 23 January 2022, 09:10 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Is it advertised??
Old 23 January 2022, 09:30 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175123579499
Old 23 January 2022, 10:25 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Y
Is it advertised??
You know what to do mate I know you're itching to come back, forget the germans.
The following 3 users liked this post by NOSSY_89:
Old 23 January 2022, 07:51 PM
Proudyy
Scooby Newbie

Yeah I put it on ebay and after receiving a deposit the geezer messaged me telling me he couldnt insure it or something. I think he was 20 or 21, kept his deposit and didnt get it back on ebay as you deal with some right messers offering 8k lol

Last edited by Proudyy; 29 September 2022 at 01:59 AM.
The following users liked this post: