My '02 JDM legacy B4 RSK

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2017, 10:53 PM
ZA_B4
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My '02 JDM legacy B4 RSK

Hi all,

I'm a South African expat, living and working in Ireland. I work in IT and love tinkering, whether tinkering on PC stuff or cars.
I am the proud owner of a gorgeous '02 JDM legacy B4 RSK in 18L Java Black Pearl.

My taste in mods follows the OEM+/Subtle upgrades which is why my work so far on my Legacy has been more of a restoration project rather than out and out modifications.
So far I have a custom sub and amp enclosure in the boot with a 12" vibe space and vibe monoblock amp, a big 3 upgrade, colour coded and dipped engine cover and center dash in red and stylized Samurai motivated. The car came with Kakimoto racing exhaust and a set of 18" Rota wheels just not sure which kind

At the end of April she's going in for a body overhaul for minor repairs and a fresh coat of paint.
I'm also looking at getting some new wheels in candy red and a custom leather retrim of the seats next year, I'm also looking at upgrading the standard momo steering wheel to one of those tasty DAMD wheels advertised on this forum.

Eventually I'm looking at giving the headlights a facelift to the projector variety but I'm still looking for a way to do that DIY as I don't believe an off the shelf pair is available and lastly I'm looking at converting the audio hardware in the dash to fully functioning carpc with touchscreen it's either going to be based on a 10" Android system or Windows 10.

Now for the pictures...

Unfortunately these are the only ones I could find now but will upload the rest tomorrow
Old 22 February 2017, 12:25 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Nice motor.

Hows availability of 99ron near you? Me and the wife did a wee tour round ireland a few years ago and chatting to a few people driving leggy imports it was apparent alot of them die as they only get 95 (or less) ..... be careful if so.
Old 22 February 2017, 12:41 PM
ZA_B4
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by legacy_gtb
Nice motor.

Hows availability of 99ron near you? Me and the wife did a wee tour round ireland a few years ago and chatting to a few people driving leggy imports it was apparent alot of them die as they only get 95 (or less) ..... be careful if so.
I suppliment my fuel deficiencies by adding half a bottle of NF octane booster every 2nd fill up ( I fill tank to brim add half bottle, then when i get to half i just top up again, then on the next fill/top up i put another half, and i only ever use the Maxol or Caltex fuel as they usually are 95 Ron, so far i haven't had any issues
Old 22 February 2017, 01:42 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I love a Leggy but I am biased
Old 22 February 2017, 05:23 PM
ZA_B4
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys...

As promised here's a few more images excuse the dirty interior my car is not usually like that... I swear...

This is what my interior actually looks like

Name:  B4c.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  40.7 KB

This is the original Japanese (MOT?) Disk proving its JDM authenticity which i am very proud of
Name:  B4e.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  35.9 KB

This is my Sound install in the boot...

Last edited by ZA_B4; 22 February 2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 27 February 2017, 03:42 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. I do like a smart legacy.
Old 27 February 2017, 09:00 PM
ZA_B4
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart
Nice. I do like a smart legacy.
Why thank you sir, I'm hoping by end of may she'll be sporting a nice new shiny paint job in time for JAE, after that there are a few other things I have planned but it'll be a good start...

Between then and JAE next year I have a few small things planned.
I still like the idea of sorting a matching set of JDM tow hooks and rings I have the rear one just need to sort the front one, I'll probably get that at this year's show, I'd also like to clean up the decals and make them more tasteful.

Once I've sorted out the small things out I can start looking at the next few items on the list...

New set of Bola B1's in Candy red I'll keep my Rota's for winter.

The next on the list is one of those very sexy DAMD steering wheels.

Following that a custom leather interior with a bit of choice embroidery.

After that will probably finish dressing the engine.
Old 28 February 2017, 07:24 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Loves a Leggy but I am biased.
Old 28 February 2017, 08:05 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds interesting, I look forward to lots of pictures!