Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Crystal Grey WRX Hawkeye, 269bhp 335ftlb - 18x9 Fifteen52 Turbomacs, Recaros, HSD

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2015, 10:44 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystal Grey WRX Hawkeye, 269bhp 335ftlb - 18x9 Fifteen52 Turbomacs, Recaros, HSD

Bought a Hawkeye last week so I thought I best join a forum so I can find abit more about subarus!

2 owners, 68k, no service history but hpi clear and all old mot's look legit

The car is pretty clean, the front bumper needs attention but other than that its just the usual scratches here and there

Name:  photo%203_zpsejheho7c.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  156.3 KB

Name:  photo%204_zpseqpxr03o.jpg
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  photo%202_zpsgyd2bwna.jpg
Size:  127.8 KB

Name:  photo%201_zps9wfxhceu.jpg
Size:  148.3 KB

First impressions, the whole subaru thing makes sense now... The driving position is awesome, the car is very informative and confident inspiring to drive and if course there's the power!! Its alot of fun thats for sure.

Unfortunately for me the excitement only lasted a few days and then i got a engine management light pop up on the dash, got my obd tool out and its to do with the secondary air recirc valve.. thats fine by me, nothing serious just the typical new car generation emissions crap that most cars have these day.. Its a shame there so hard to get to, I managed to get one of to clean but the other is alot harder to get to! I now have to decide weather to buy new valves or blank them of but I really dont want to keep getting EML codes if i blank them off.

The second issue i have is that the clutch is now slipping like a bugger! The clutch was fine when i bought the car.. I admit Ive done a few launches in the car so it could have been on its last legs when i bought the car and ive now just finished it off.. The car is still driving as of now so it may just be a little burnt? but the clutch seems really weak in this car so ill have to upgrade to a stage 1 or 2 clutch and pressure plate..

Also feel free to add any does and don'ts of subaru owner ship, what modifications i should look into for my hawk and what should be avoided? Like i said earlier ive never had an interest in these cars but after driving one there addictive, once ive had it afew months i will definitely want to tweek it

Anyway if you have read this far then thankyou, i know i wouldnt have read all this waffle!

Last edited by McGoo; 26 April 2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 28 May 2015, 06:28 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Nice car like the colour!

Not sure i agree with you on awesome driving position though..

I find even with the seat all the way down you sit far too high in a newage and the lack of adjustments in seats and steering coloum is abit annoying
Old 21 June 2015, 08:01 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Cheers south,

i know what you mean about the seat, it is higher than lower but for a daily driver its about right, it could be abit lower but i want recaros so that will be done then

I went to Prosport in stockport and had my clutch fitted, done 650 miles with the new clutch so i just need to sort the secondary air valve issue out now!
Old 24 June 2015, 08:01 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Glad you got it sorted how much was the new clutch all in out of interest?

Btw i wouldnt do too many clutch dumps if i were you as the 5 speed gearbox could give way. I give mine hell somtimes running 280 but launching it is bad. So there plenty strong aslong as you dont abuse it
Old 26 June 2015, 09:39 AM
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I assume you're under 6 foot then?
Old 26 June 2015, 09:51 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice. Get the whole emissions air pump/valve/cr$p removed and mapped out so you don't get the light on!
Old 26 June 2015, 03:23 PM
hardcoreimpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yes i would get a remap done next all so.
Old 27 June 2015, 08:55 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by south_scoob
Glad you got it sorted how much was the new clutch all in out of interest?

Btw i wouldnt do too many clutch dumps if i were you as the 5 speed gearbox could give way. I give mine hell somtimes running 280 but launching it is bad. So there plenty strong aslong as you dont abuse it
The clutch was 820 all in which included parts and labour, they also had to replace a few consumables too

Its a shame that the clutch and gearbox is the weak link, id like to launch it but it just isnt worth it from what ive read.. Just spirited driving for me it looks like!

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP
I assume you're under 6 foot then?
No im around 6ft, a little taller of anything.

Originally Posted by BLU
Looks nice. Get the whole emissions air pump/valve/cr$p removed and mapped out so you don't get the light on!
Ive already bought cosworth blanks for it, hoping to do it this week.

Regards having the codes deleted prosport can do this for me in stock port but as far as im aware its just literaly deleting codes, theres no remap as such involved. Is this correct?

Where do most people have there codes deleted and how much does it cost? I think prosport quoted me £160 which seems alot just to delete codes?
Old 28 June 2015, 09:40 AM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats stupid prices to remove the codes when u can get open source mapping done for £250 and they will be removed at the same time,

Power if its still td04 approx 280bhp and 330-350lbft

Makes a massive difference to the car mate,.

The valve on drivers side the pipe runs across the rear of the engine so can be a swine to get out without cutting pipe up,(thats with engine in place)
Old 28 June 2015, 11:58 AM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Is open source mapping a custom map as in its mapped to the car on a rolling road or is it just a downloadable tune?

Id much perfer a custom map as i want to fit an exhaust and filter at the same time but thats all i have planned for mods atm

Ill just get the valves removed first and ill just have to carry on driving around with my code reader so i can clear the codes when the EML pops up

Regards exhausts whats the best way to go? I dont want anything to loud just a nice tone, i like the sound of the crawford gymkhana exhaust but i feel itll be too loud for our roads so i dont want the hassle, ive since been looking at a miltek system as they seem more focused on power figures than noise?

Also should i decat? Obviously a decat will make better power but i dont want to have to fiddle emissions come mot time... Do the prodrive cats flow better?
Old 21 July 2015, 03:58 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Been keeping on top of the car the past few weeks, doing a few small jobs and a service and the secondary air valve delete so here is an update of my progress but first, afew more pictures!

Name:  DSCF4467_zpscbc9sufg.jpg
Size:  157.3 KB

Name:  DSCF4469_zpsax6ooqru.jpg
Size:  123.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4470_zpsdsicucqj.jpg
Size:  178.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4471_zps6cckt7dv.jpg
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  DSCF4472_zps1mykckig.jpg
Size:  172.3 KB

Name:  DSCF4474_zpsw8ca1ewb.jpg
Size:  136.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4479_zpslxet3b71.jpg
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4483_zpsz6fnwfpo.jpg
Size:  118.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4484_zpsvelqfeqg.jpg
Size:  128.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4487_zpsqcaowkjx.jpg
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4488_zpsqdr70dvo.jpg
Size:  152.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4490_zpsnfpaii9n.jpg
Size:  110.4 KB

Name:  DSCF4495_zps8uc6usgj.jpg
Size:  129.1 KB
Old 21 July 2015, 04:31 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Now onto the service and modifications ive done over the past few weeks.

Now if youve read my thread i had the common Secondary Air Valve codes from the valves getting stuck open or closed, theres no point replacing the valves as itll probably just happen again so i went for the complete removal method.

First of it was a ball ache! One of the worst jobs ive done on a car in a while, its not complicated but getting access to the valves and the pipework without removing the inlet or exhaust is a challenge to say the least! I think if i was to do it again I could do it more efficiently with just a hole saw rather than using a dremel like I did at first.

Cosworth Blanking plates, I know there only blanking plates and I could have made my own but the quality of these is outstanding!

Name:  DSCF4510_zpso5qmznjh.jpg
Size:  132.2 KB

Name:  DSCF4511_zpsfmjyd8zu.jpg
Size:  151.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4513_zpsmvptq2ob.jpg
Size:  91.6 KB

All the air valve crap removed

Name:  DSCF4584_zps9ttr8o0e.jpg
Size:  188.0 KB

had to cut the pipe from the passenger side valve to the drives side of the engine a fair few times to be able to remove it!

Name:  DSCF4587_zpslmo5kt5r.jpg
Size:  161.9 KB

I drove the car for a while with the valve which has the barometric sensor just zip tied to the engine bay to make sure everything was fine, then i cut of the barometric sensor so i didnt need the bulky valve anymore and all runs fine with abit of insulation tape around it to keep it water tight

Name:  DSCF4588_zpsfyei1jyb.jpg
Size:  139.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4589_zps4dhmrb3a.jpg
Size:  84.8 KB

Blanking plates fitted

Name:  DSCF4560_zpswtieia2j.jpg
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4562_zpscvrd3tn9.jpg
Size:  84.9 KB

Since removing the valves i only get one error code for the valve being stuck open, as apposed to before where id get numerous codes for the valves being stuck open/closed or faulty. I still need to get the error codes deleted but i may wait until ive done some more mods and get it done with a remap.

Now i tackled the service

Name:  DSCF4517_zps4hna0lwk.jpg
Size:  138.7 KB

I went with shell helix 10w 40 as prosport who did my clutch recommend it and i believe subaru do aswell.

I also got a genuine black subaru filter, K&N and a Dimple Magnetic sump plug, theres are high quality sump plugs not these crap cheap aluminium ones which are a waste of time!

Old vs New

Name:  DSCF4522_zpsdjbs5j4k.jpg
Size:  186.4 KB

Old Vs New (non genuine oil filter... tut tut )

Name:  DSCF4540_zpsn3wzrwto.jpg
Size:  103.0 KB

Old Vs New

Name:  DSCF4546_zps5wynwqbd.jpg
Size:  92.3 KB

Drained the oil which wasnt the best but not the worst either... I drained approx 4.5 litres which is good as it had the right quantity in the engine at least as i wasn't sure what weight oil was originally in it

Name:  DSCF4568_zps4aunswqd.jpg
Size:  128.0 KB

Now ive read alot about disconnecting the crank sensor before firing the engine after an oil change to pressurise the system to avoid any damage, in my eyes if your going to worry about something like that then your better of removing the spark plugs too so that there is less stress/compression on the engine while your pressurising the system. So thats what I did, its also a good excuse to check the plugs and they all looked healthy

Name:  DSCF4524_zpsfwe94hc5.jpg
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  DSCF4533_zpsxzinf3mv.jpg
Size:  185.7 KB

crank sensor disconnected

Name:  DSCF4549_zpssyhleonr.jpg
Size:  106.3 KB

Dimple fitted

Name:  DSCF4558_zpsdfxkioh0.jpg
Size:  91.3 KB

Oil filter topped up and fully absorbed before fitting

Name:  DSCF4574_zps6hsicqky.jpg
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4577_zpscwgfhsit.jpg
Size:  120.7 KB

K&N Fitted

Name:  DSCF4579_zpsf5tyni5h.jpg
Size:  148.8 KB

Job DONE!

The engine is alot smoother with the new oil and filter which is great, Dont think the K&N has made any difference, but atleast it ill last longer!

I also fitted a turbosmart kompact recirc valve a few weeks ago which i havnt mentioned, again I dont think its made any difference, i was hoping it hold more boost but the spring is alot softer than stock so i may put the stock one back on

Name:  DSCF4496_zpsuztyomnu.jpg
Size:  166.2 KB

Name:  DSCF4500_zpslkmwsre2.jpg
Size:  203.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4581_zps2zurgzyc.jpg
Size:  146.9 KB

And finaly ive fitted an old single din dvd head unit ive had for years, its not the best but it has a aux lead to use with my phone and thats all i wanted. I finished the install off with the din pocket from a legacy

Name:  DSCF4583_zpslo0t9ebq.jpg
Size:  143.5 KB

Thats all for now, hoping to do some bigger mods in the next few months

Let me know what you think
Old 08 August 2015, 05:26 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

got some new wheels which ive sent of to be powder coated.

Does anyone run 18x8 225 tyres et35?

If i lower the car 30mm wll that be enough and does the subaru have enough adjustment built in for tracking or will i have to get adjustable parts etc?
Old 07 September 2015, 04:15 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Default Crystal Grey Hawkeye! The modification has begun!! BBS CH wheels, HSD Coilovers +more

can a admin change my thread title as I cannot seem to do it?

I would like it to read:

Crystal Grey Hawkeye! The modification has begun!! BBS CH wheels, HSD Coilovers +more

thanks
Old 07 September 2015, 09:26 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Default Crystal Grey Hawkeye. The modification has begun. BBS CH wheels, HSD Coilovers + More

Looking well mate. I did a full service this weekend look forward to seeing what you have planned
Old 07 September 2015, 10:44 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flashash
Looking well mate. I did a full service this weekend look forward to seeing what you have planned
thanks mate, still new to the subaru thing, ive just bought it as a daily driver that i can modify so we will have to see where it takes me!
Old 07 September 2015, 11:28 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Default Big Update! PIC HEAVY

Not updated the thread much lately as we've been having work done to the garden/drive as you'll probably notice in the pics..

As for new parts i have now got 18 x 8 et 35 bbs ch rep wheels, fog light covers, sti boot and spoiler, hsd coilovers!

Im basicly playing with this car, its my daily driver which ive bought to keep for a few years so I have something to modify and play with.. Im not sure where im going with so im just going to see what does and doesn't work for myself, its only nuts and bolts so i can always go back to standard!

First of i got some wheels, I saw a DC Shoes hawkeye impreza sti with bbs ch wheels a few years ago and it was one of the first imprezas I really liked so when i saw some good quality 5x100 bbs ch reps come up for sale I had to have them!

There 18 x 8 et35 there probably not the best offset but we will see how it goes

Name:  _57_zpsojynsfmu.jpg
Size:  143.1 KB

The paint wasn't the best due to kerbing and the seller tried to clean them with thinners and left a rag on the wheel to let it eat the paint down to the metal so I sent them off to be powder coated

Name:  DSCF4629_zpsfjjqc1tg.jpg
Size:  236.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4632_zpsygx0ibrp.jpg
Size:  144.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4634_zpsi6sre1xe.jpg
Size:  115.0 KB

I also got some new center caps as I only got two with the wheels, there the best i could find but I may replace them if I find better ones.

Name:  DSCF4639_zpsiuh4wmzf.jpg
Size:  154.9 KB

also had to get new wheel nuts as oem ones wont work with cone/tapered wheels, found these never herd of them but they were made of steel, black and had locking nuts so i thought id try them

Name:  DSCF4641_zpsvxsb0xrw.jpg
Size:  139.6 KB

I only realised when I came to mount the tyres that I had two 225/40/18 and i had two 215/40/18.. I was skint at the time so I had them mounted so I could test fit the wheels

Heres a few pictures of them trail fitted

Name:  DSCF4646_zps3yi539bw.jpg
Size:  139.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4654_zpsy9mrttap.jpg
Size:  142.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4658_zps2skfi9mh.jpg
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  DSCF4659_zpso6wjgbk7.jpg
Size:  156.9 KB

I took the wheels off a few days after once I was sure there was no wheel rub etc

I also got some fog light covers as one of my fog lights doesnt work

Name:  DSCF4642_zpszzvib1lk.jpg
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4644_zpsdaef3ltl.jpg
Size:  132.7 KB

Name:  DSCF4662_zpslbthzhb4.jpg
Size:  103.7 KB

Saw this pop up on ebay and as the sti normally has a titanium strut brace i had to snap this one up

Name:  DSCF4666_zps9gqnjmqc.jpg
Size:  244.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4673_zpssrcgup4p.jpg
Size:  155.2 KB

Name:  DSCF4674_zpsxvhdcrvu.jpg
Size:  94.8 KB

I then picked up a 05 blob eye sti boot and spoiler in 48w as there hard to come by in this colour.. I wasnt going to go full sti originally but as all scoobs are branded the same I thought I may aswell

Name:  DSCF4688_zpsc8jttebk.jpg
Size:  170.3 KB

Name:  DSCF4681_zpshhpgltoq.jpg
Size:  165.8 KB

Name:  DSCF4689_zps9octxejg.jpg
Size:  160.4 KB

I then decided that i wanted the wheels back on asap so i ordered some new suspension

Name:  DSCF4691_zpsj7osrd6s.jpg
Size:  131.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4692_zpsche4futc.jpg
Size:  125.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4703_zps9wknt5in.jpg
Size:  214.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4704_zpsyk7e7ext.jpg
Size:  168.3 KB

Name:  DSCF4705_zpsxgdjsfy5.jpg
Size:  170.8 KB

Name:  DSCF4706_zpslfrs7gwk.jpg
Size:  205.2 KB

Name:  DSCF4707_zpsww8qt1ll.jpg
Size:  190.6 KB

and i have now had my bbs ch's wrapped in some unused pirelli pzeros that were ment for something else but theyve been sacrificed for the scoob!

Name:  DSCF4701_zpsndpxrhhw.jpg
Size:  211.7 KB

Im now in the process of fitting the coilovers so I will update the thread ASAP!

Last edited by McGoo; 08 September 2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08 September 2015, 07:40 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In regards to exhaust mate, it you want something that sounds nice but isn't intrusive...I'd recommend a Prodrive system which comes on the PPP cars. I've got an afterburner vortex on mine from scoobyworld which sounds awesome on boost! But it probably is a bit louder than I'd like really....

And good call with the HSD Monopro's, I've just fitted my Dualtechs the other day they're a good fit and have plenty of adjustability in them.
Old 08 September 2015, 10:29 AM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ste333
In regards to exhaust mate, it you want something that sounds nice but isn't intrusive...I'd recommend a Prodrive system which comes on the PPP cars. I've got an afterburner vortex on mine from scoobyworld which sounds awesome on boost! But it probably is a bit louder than I'd like really....

And good call with the HSD Monopro's, I've just fitted my Dualtechs the other day they're a good fit and have plenty of adjustability in them.
Ive been looking at the prodrive system and if i find one at a good price ill snap one up but ideally i want the sports cat too.

Alot of them are looking abit tired now so I dont want to buy an exhaust system where the cat is on its way out.

Ive been looking at millteks i like the look and sound of them but im open to ideas i want it to be more rally car than jap car.

Im hoping to get a remap next month, what else can i do to my car to get the most from the map?
Old 08 September 2015, 02:51 PM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Were the HSD coilovers ready to fit straight from the box or did you need any top mounts etc?
Old 08 September 2015, 11:13 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

yeh hsd's were a straight fit! top mounts included
Old 09 September 2015, 07:40 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this will give you a rough idea mate before mapping

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/27344.html
Old 09 September 2015, 02:46 PM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by McGoo
yeh hsd's were a straight fit! top mounts included
Great, may well have to buy these then. How do you find the ride?
Old 12 September 2015, 03:35 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ste333
this will give you a rough idea mate before mapping

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/27344.html
thanks for that, im only planning on fitting an exhaust before remap, possibly a sti intercooler. I dont want to go crazy as otherwise ill be spending money on upgrades forever

Andy forrest seems expensive for a remap, can anyone recommend a remapper for around the £300 mark in the north west?

thanks
Old 12 September 2015, 03:39 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonnyboy82
Great, may well have to buy these then. How do you find the ride?
As ive been taking my time fitting these, ive only done 20 miles on them and im very suprised with the ride. Stiff while cornering but really pleasant driving normally in traffic, over speed bumps etc

They still have to settle in yet so I will give a better verdict at 100miles or so and once ive had the car tracked etc
Old 12 September 2015, 05:23 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Default HSD's Installed!!

Another big pic update here for you all!

The car hasnt moved alot the past week but its been up and down on jacks more times than i care to mention! Didnt want to rush the install of the coilovers and i see them as more of an investment so want to look after them.

First of was to get my driveway ready as it was only laid last week so any damage to it ill be in big trouble!

Car at standard height with stock suspension on a heavy duty tarp to stop any oil getting on the drive!

Name:  DSCF4708_zpsih09a3s3.jpg
Size:  162.1 KB

Name:  DSCF4710_zpsjhjrfogg.jpg
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4717_zpsub9tvy0m.jpg
Size:  142.9 KB

Front wheels off

Name:  DSCF4719_zps2mljrljj.jpg
Size:  139.2 KB

Fronts before started the strip down

Name:  DSCF4718_zpsq5pb9pwi.jpg
Size:  118.9 KB

suspension, caliper and disc removed and tidyed up

Name:  DSCF4721_zpsyr1a3ky7.jpg
Size:  152.4 KB

put some hammerite krust on the hub as the fronts had taken the most battering

Name:  DSCF4724_zps91ng6g55.jpg
Size:  160.7 KB

front calipers were in a sorry state, so a quick lick of hammerite will do untill i do a brake upgrade the right is before, the left is after

Name:  DSCF4726_zpstnpz3own.jpg
Size:  182.9 KB

gave the hubs a quick coat of hammerite too

Name:  DSCF4728_zpsswgmnofn.jpg
Size:  158.8 KB

Front coilovers all lubed and ready to go on, used a mixture of copper grease, chain lube what HSD supply and the superior ACF 50 to keep the coilovers corrosion resistant

Name:  DSCF4732_zpswquvncqo.jpg
Size:  153.8 KB

Fronts installed

Name:  DSCF4734_zpsbjin3m1t.jpg
Size:  127.2 KB

Brakes back on, I also changed all fluid to Dot 4 as i wasn't sure what was in originally! Now i know its all the same

Name:  DSCF4737_zps7hytaviy.jpg
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4739_zpsyhhqcgtk.jpg
Size:  142.7 KB

Name:  DSCF4742_zpspc6y8fs7.jpg
Size:  193.4 KB

Name:  DSCF4741_zpsrk2jlwwj.jpg
Size:  161.6 KB

Then i tackled the rears, They were in much better condition so I didnt bother hammeriting them, I will do this when i get my new brakes

Name:  DSCF4745_zpsavc6kppf.jpg
Size:  155.4 KB

I also didnt realise the strut tops were located behind the seats that will be a ball ache to adjust camber etc Can anyone tell me what these strut covers are for? Is it just a sound deadening thing? It cannot be structural/strengthening as the metal is too thin. Anyway i have left them of until i get the wheels aligned so I can get access to my camber plates, but i can hear the gas struts "whistling" on compression... Although thats alot nicer than the knocking I used to get from the stock struts!

Name:  DSCF4747_zpsetdqdxmg.jpg
Size:  125.6 KB

Struts removed

Name:  DSCF4748_zpsjbcq765l.jpg
Size:  133.0 KB

Rears ready to go on

Name:  DSCF4749_zpsho2b3j6c.jpg
Size:  216.9 KB

Installed

Name:  DSCF4752_zpsvtnkkrjm.jpg
Size:  177.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4755_zpsvgm65ctp.jpg
Size:  99.4 KB

Heres how the car looks after I first dropped it on all four wheels... I set the coilovers to max height for first install as the instructions say so I can get an idea of how much to adjust them.. The first drop was actually alittle taller than it was at stock which i wasnt expecting haha!

Name:  DSCF4753_zpss17ckjbr.jpg
Size:  153.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4756_zps2udssta4.jpg
Size:  148.7 KB

So i went on a quick drive to check for knocks and to allow the HSD's to settle before I did any height adjustment.

I also picked up these coilovers covers from someone local to me, There top quality and should hopefully keep my HSD's looking new

Name:  DSCF4757_zpsfexxo3jw.jpg
Size:  234.9 KB

Next step was to jack the car up again and get adjusting

I also fitted my coilover covers while I was there

Name:  DSCF4774_zpsrew1ivm7.jpg
Size:  159.6 KB

Name:  DSCF4778_zpsoxeedgwk.jpg
Size:  164.7 KB

rears

Name:  DSCF4762_zpssosjemy0.jpg
Size:  180.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4763_zpsujtxo1ns.jpg
Size:  190.1 KB

And heres the final height now The shocks still haven't fully settled so may have to adjust again, Its hard to tell how low it is due to the messing about ive been doing up down up down etc, it looks the same as when I started

It works out about 20mm drop on the front and 10mm on the rear.
Im going to drive it for a few weeks and see if I wish to go any lower

Name:  DSCF4802_zpswd2uo1tv.jpg
Size:  169.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4803_zpsgpfafg90.jpg
Size:  184.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4805_zpsxu4lvxc5.jpg
Size:  148.2 KB

Name:  DSCF4806_zpsfnylblti.jpg
Size:  177.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4807_zpsudsjkvp6.jpg
Size:  153.4 KB

Name:  DSCF4808_zpsctchvnbw.jpg
Size:  140.0 KB

Name:  DSCF4809_zpslojy284n.jpg
Size:  179.1 KB

Thats all for now, Hoping to get an exhaust and remap next month so if anyone wants to give me any ideas in the mean time feel free
Old 24 September 2015, 09:16 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Default Little Photoshoot

One of my mates took a few pics of the car while we was out and about so I thought id share for those interested

Name:  2.%20Chill%20Factor_zpszpgmnjwk.jpg
Size:  151.1 KB

Name:  3.%20Chill%20Factor_zpsjfxyrnvf.jpg
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  4.%20Chill%20Factor_zpsmmu6sb7w.jpg
Size:  84.6 KB

Name:  5.%20Chill%20Factor_zpsdgubqx1i.jpg
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  6.%20Chill%20Factor_zps1ojabp6c.jpg
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  7.%20Chill%20Factor_zps624hzrgd.jpg
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  8.%20Chill%20Factor_zpsr97m73jd.jpg
Size:  144.3 KB

Name:  9.%20Chill%20Factor_zpsamt9l7py.jpg
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  10.%20Trafford%20Park_zpskbvc86ps.jpg
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  11.%20Trafford%20Park_zps5loqx6jd.jpg
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  12.%20Trafford%20Park_zpsofxs0qbk.jpg
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  13.%20Trafford%20Park_zpst55qlfhf.jpg
Size:  92.5 KB

Old 24 September 2015, 11:23 PM
Justme103
Scooby Regular

Looking good

What else have you got planned?

Only down the road from me as well, Good to see anther local Scoob
Old 24 September 2015, 11:36 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Justme103
Looking good

What else have you got planned?

Only down the road from me as well, Good to see anther local Scoob
Cheers mate

I want to do an exhaust and remap next and just drive it tbh its kind of just ran away with me at the minute lol

Id like to put a black interior in and some recaros but other than that I just want to have it set up well so its a fun fast road car!

Ill have to keep my eye out for you! What scoob do you have?
Old 25 September 2015, 12:02 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

nice work on the coilovers

thumbs down on the fog cover stickers

Quick Reply: Crystal Grey WRX Hawkeye, 269bhp 335ftlb - 18x9 Fifteen52 Turbomacs, Recaros, HSD