Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

'New' speedlines on my classic

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2015, 06:03 PM
Rex300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'New' speedlines on my classic

'New' as in I've just fitted them, but still speedlines, still gold and they're rather old wheels!

I found a nice window of opportunity to dig my second set of speedlines out of the loft and pop them into Max Powder in Hemel Hempstead. I was off away for three weeks and wanted to fit the wheels once I was back before the upcoming MOT marks the start of the car coming out of winter hibernation. Max Powder did a fantastic job and seemed to appreciate someone giving them plenty of time to complete the work. I would certainly recommend them.

The wheels were ready bang on the day I asked for them, so I could pick them up before heading straight to STS Tyre Pros. I'd recommend STS too who have always given me excellent service. I normally turn up with some strange request which involves swapping tyres around between wheels and this was no exception! Two transferred Eagle F1 Assy 2s plus two new of the same tyre later, the car received a new lease of life!

I don't have a before and after of the whole car, but I lined up the worst of the wheels which had come off along side one of the new wheels.

The refurbished wheels are a darker and deeper gold which I actually prefer. Having changed the wheels, I wish I'd sorted new nuts and replacement centre caps, but I can source those over the next few weeks I hope. I'm sure the nuts will be easier to find than Prodrive centre caps!

The wheels are the first step for me in a planned gradual refurbishment of the whole car. I've known it since the day after my family friend bought it and this is the second time I've owned it, so plenty of sentimental value! I'm going to see what comes up in the MOT and service, but all being well, it's a full bush replacement programme next.