HI all

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2014, 09:28 PM
jr jnr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI all

Wasn't sure where I should post this but just wanted to come say Hi

Right I'll be honest, I pretty much know sod all about cars, well I do but very little. Don't get me wrong I love cars, I love anything fast, cars bikes boats planes anything bla bla bla lol
I haven't had a car since I was 19, I'm now approaching 39 I've only had bikes. The problem was i could never afford the car I wanted, I can't do SLOW. I don't speed about but like too know the powers there if I need it.

Anyway times have changed and due to family reasons I needed a car so I swapped my R1 for this, actually lost money on the r1 with the swap as I'd spent so much on the r1 and it was fully kitted out but I don't care, family comes first now.

It's not actually as pretty as it is in the picture but I'm still very very happy with it. It's an amazing car and I love it. It's had stuff done to it just don't ask me what just yet lol
I can spot the K&N cone filter and lots of blue pipes and the inter cooler hahaha oh and its got a dump valve but that's as far as my knowledge goes right now, oh the air cons been removed and apparently has a different turbo.

Nowhere near as quick as my bike but that thing would do 105mph in 1st gear but never the less I'm over the moon with this car. It's very very fast and I love scaring the **** out of people when they get in it, especially the missus if she's in the back. She gets in the back and leans forward to talk to me and i just shout at her, WILL YOU SIT BACK and just floor it, then she has no choice but to sit back lol

Anyway I'll stop the waffle now and I look forward to speaking to some of you soon. I'll have loads of questions and yes I do know how to use the search function lol

take it easy

Jr Jnr
Old 01 December 2014, 10:32 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Lol sweet, looks smart bud. I use to do the same with my old WRX it was so rapid, use to give passengers wipe lash. Even had a few bikes in it

You've made the right choice, keep the car well serviced, warm up before booting and cool down after booting, and you should be fine.

Last edited by jaygsi; 01 December 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02 December 2014, 08:11 AM
Hart
Scooby Regular

Morning mate, nice looking car you have. Welcome to Scooby net!
Old 02 December 2014, 09:22 AM
jr jnr
Scooby Newbie

Good morning and Thanks chaps I do really like it, it's fast and also a good size for the family.
Needs a bit of work, has a fare few marks over it and someone run a key or something down the front wing the other night
The NS rear suspension needs attention as it knocks when going slow, or even if you stand at the back and bounce the rear end it knocks.
One thing that is annoying me is, it has a boost gauge that works fine but also has 2 oil temp/pressure gauges on the right but they are not connected and when you turn the car on they go up to max and stay there lol
oh and they change color but every time you turn the car off and on again they go back to blue, sends my OCD up the wall lol

Also has a fare few scratches on the inside of the side windows, but being a glass repair tech I can take them out and make them good as new when I get a mo.

As for warming up and cooling down, I always let any vehicle warm up before giving it any beans just out of habit. Its also got this thing under the dash that even after you've taken the key out it keeps running for a bit and the digital clock counts down then it will turn off.

Have to say jaygsi I had to re-read your message, I thought you said you'd had a couple of bikes in it. I thought how the hell can you get a bike in a subaru lol

I'm a numpty at times lol
Old 02 December 2014, 06:45 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Love the car mate, you seem like i good guy so you may have some trouble fitting in here

Maybe you could find a member that's near you to have a look at the car and give you some idea of what you've got going on under the bonnet, can't hurt to ask.
Old 04 December 2014, 10:02 AM
jr jnr
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Carnut
Love the car mate, you seem like i good guy so you may have some trouble fitting in here

Maybe you could find a member that's near you to have a look at the car and give you some idea of what you've got going on under the bonnet, can't hurt to ask.
Thanks fella,
yeah I would like someone who knows what they are looking at to tell me whats what. I will learn, it's the type of person I am. I've seen a few arouund my area, all black ones though.
It's like with motorcycles, I knew pretty much sod all when i first started riding now I've got no issues with doing anything to a bike, even major work. The bike I swapped for this car I bought as a write off and pretty much re-built it myself and everything was learned via forums/friends/books etc
I'm just very skilled with my hands, I'm a qualified carpenter and joiner also A qualified glass repair tech (not windscreens lol) I play guitar, I do charcoal portraits for people. It's in the blood, all my family are craftsmen of some sort. Just don't ask me to spell anything lol, thank god for spell check lol.

I do love this car, I know I keep saying it but I do. Every day I drive it I get that little bit more used to it and love it even more. I've never had a fast car of my own, I used to drive my ex's Astra VXR but I never felt safe in that, especially in the wet. The thing was dangerous in my opinion.

I do miss the bike as I am a true biker and I will when the time is right get another one but, as well as this car. I want both now lol I can't wheelie the car and I "was" called the wheelie king lol I was more than capable of doing 150/60mph on one wheel, some people don't believe that but I do have videos to prove it lol but on the other hand, I can't fall off a car lol

Soooo here it is, whats all this then?
I noticed yesterday it has a boost adjuster. I've not touched it in case I ***** something up.
Old 04 December 2014, 10:06 AM
jr jnr
Scooby Newbie

One thing that is getting on my nerves is the headlights. They are aftermarket ones. They aren't bright enough and point too high but I can find any adjustment on them, got MOT in feb.

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2014, 03:43 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Make sure there uk ones as i have a set on an old Golf and they were for left hand drive cars, so failed mot as dipped beam pointed straight to oncoming traffic.

Manual adjusters should be behind the headlight.