Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

WRX Blobeye - Noobie with a Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2014, 03:44 PM
Saffy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX Blobeye - Noobie with a Scooby

New member here to introduce myself and my Wagon that I've only owned for a short while. It's a 55 plate SL WRX Wagon with 45k miles. Full service history, PPP cert and one previous owner.

This is my 2nd Scooby, the first one I owned for less than a week before getting this one. Big end went suddenly after driving a couple hundred miles and so it went back to seller.

This is my daily ride and I am still learning how to drive it. Like nothing else I have driven... certainly puts a smile on my face. Also soaking up all the information I can on the mechanics of the vehicle. As I intend to keep it for awhile so maintenance and repairs will be mostly DIY.

I've fitted a 52mm piller pod and Oil Temp gauge so that I know for sure when the oil is hot enough to press the go-go button. I know everyone seems to prefer Defi in Jap cars but I am not so keen. I went for the Pro Control version of a Stack Gauge which has features that suit my needs more than Defi models. The sensor is fitted on the Cylinder 3 bung hole. "Normal" for my car appears to be 100deg, rising to 110deg C on motorway. I was expecting 90deg... is that Sump temp?

There is not much a snag list on the car to do. I want to replace the rear discs. Oil and filter change soon. Have checked the gearbox and rear diff levels. Will take things as they come and hopefully seek advice here when I am stuck.

Last edited by Saffy; 21 April 2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 21 April 2014, 04:09 PM
nikh667
Scooby Regular

Nice clean looking car, noted you've abnormally more fuel than me ;-)
Old 21 April 2014, 04:24 PM
nardoblue
Scooby Regular

Superb looking SL , just the tints, front fog lamp covers, detango headlamps and splitter to go
Old 21 April 2014, 05:05 PM
Hatch WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wagons Rule!
I'm a couple of years into my Subaru wagon ownership & thoroughly enjoying it.
It's my weekender rather than the daily drive.
It's an 03 WRX with a few subtle mods, suspension, brakes & wheels and running very similar engine power to the PPP.
I'm about to fit a splitter which I like to look of, I see you're not so keen on it?
Do you have fog lights behind the covers?
Old 22 April 2014, 05:56 PM
Saffy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by nardoblue
Superb looking SL , just the tints, front fog lamp covers, detango headlamps and splitter to go
Nice.

Did you do that tint yourself? The first scooby had tint but looked like it was put on by a 6 year old. Didn't have car long enough to get the heatgun out to remove it. Wouldn't mind a lighter grade of tint all round.

No 100% sure what a splitter is without searching, guessing it's the angular body strip under front valance?
Old 22 April 2014, 11:15 PM
nardoblue
Scooby Regular

Just got the tints done by a local firm, £220 5 windows and the sunroof, yea splitter is the just below the front bumper, fog light are still behind the covers but you have to remove the surrounds to fit the covers