Notices

Where to start with these windows

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2012, 08:56 PM
Fast63
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start with these windows

Hello, I didn't want to hi-jack someone else's thread so I'll start my own, so here goes. My 95 wrx wagon is how I bought it with a window fault, the drivers window is the only one that goes up and down as it should, when the drivers lock button is not pressed the passenger window is constantly trying to wind up but now the motor is broken it doesn't go all the way it just bounces three quarter of the way up, but however if you hold the passenger switch up then the passenger switch on the drivers panel operates it As normal up and down. Also when the lock button on drivers panel is in the same position the back windows are sounding like they are twitching every now and then. When the lock button on the drivers panel is switched on none of the windows move or make any sounds at all apart from the drivers which works fine.

I'm really stuck with this and I know that auto electricians are expensive but before I go down that route is there anything I can try to eliminate or test on my own. Also I have a new drivers window switch panel on order so as soon as that turns up I'll stick it on but I can't see it being that.

Any help is welcome, I'm in the west Yorkshire area. Cheers
Old 29 June 2012, 01:21 PM
Fast63
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right, small update, ive tried the new drivers switch panel in just now as it has been delivered this morning, nothing..... Still the same,
I really am peeved off with this little problem and it could easily make me sell it, is there anybody out there with any ideas for me or is it something that needs an auto-elec.

Cheers
Old 29 June 2012, 02:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

It could be anything, from dodgy switch on one of the other windows, to poor earth, to dodgy wiring, even ONE broken wire, or a dodgy motor etc.

Best to have it to a dealer or elctrician.