00MY classic impreza dead

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2012, 09:43 AM
wrxsasti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00MY classic impreza dead

Hi Everyone,
I went for an interview in coventry yesterday, car was fine 110 mile trip , came out of interview, and car wouldnt unlock had to use key, the sigma fob wouldnt do anything, red light coming on on fob, batteries in this ok. I then noticed that the little red led that normally flashes was not on at all, the red light with the key fob around it, was still flashing, in the end i rang the aa, who said it could be interferance and towed me out of the area, this didnt work and i got home 6hrs later on the back of a truck, any one got any suggestions. i was thinking of getting an auto electrician to just replace the alarm with a new cat 1 unit. HELP please.
Thanks in advance
Old 28 April 2012, 11:00 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Does sound like an alarm problem, and yes, usually bnest to let the experts do it, unless you know alarms.

You HAVE checked the fuse feeding it, haven't you? And that it's getting a live supply and has a decent earth?

If you can, do that first.
Old 28 April 2012, 11:00 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Does sound like an alarm problem, and yes, usually bnest to let the experts do it, unless you know alarms.

You HAVE checked the fuse feeding it, haven't you? And that it's getting a live supply and has a decent earth?

If you can, do that first.
Old 28 April 2012, 12:05 PM
wrxsasti
Scooby Newbie

Hi Mate,
Yep checked the feeds all ok, keypad in glove box still lights up if you touch any buttons, but my missus has misplaced the code, does this sound like a lockout, but the led does not come on at all.
Ready for getting big hammer out any auto electricians on here near warrington or no any one.
Cheers
Old 03 May 2012, 09:37 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

Had same problem when I was in Spain. Took Electrician 4 hours to bypass sigma. I nearly missed the ferry back.
Got a firm called Scenic to refit sigma. they came to me and did it on my drive. They charged £105 and it took about two hours to rewire. this was in 2008. Alarm had locked out but because of what happened in Spain they had to do a rewire. yours should be easier as they can just reset it or can replace it if its us.
www.scenicgroup.co.uk