Notices

Sti v4 electrical probs, wont start

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2012, 02:33 PM
denners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti v4 electrical probs, wont start

Ok guys here we go, cars been off the road a few months now while i do various jobs on her ready for the summer. The other day i done a simple job of relocating the turbo timer, a job iv been meaning to do for ages. All i had to do was extend the earth.
Started the car like i do every week and everything was fine untill i turned on the stereo. Both stereo and boost gauge went dead. Found the relative fuse, changed it and it was all good again.
Today ive got in the car to start and noticed the door open alarm was a little faint, turned key to last click expecting pump to prime - nothing.Just a clicking from above the fusebox getting quieter! (pump relay i think) No dash lights, stereo not a bean.
Hooked up jump leads thinking 'battery' to my van and still not a thing! Lifeless scoob apart from 1 very dim and orange map reading light!
Ive visually checked every fuse both inside and under bonnet, checked wiring behind dash and all is sound and how it should be. battery terminals are tight and earths are sound.
What else can i try? Bit puzzled by this one.
Cheers
Denners
Old 28 January 2012, 09:46 PM
Dutch Scooby lover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battery dead would be my guess.
Could be a result of a current leak, as most batteries do not take to well to getting run completely empty (sulphated plates)
(If you can't jumpstart a car from a rather large van's battery)

Last edited by Dutch Scooby lover; 28 January 2012 at 09:47 PM.