bugeye headlight problem.

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2010, 09:03 AM
scooby280
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bugeye headlight problem.

Hello everybody,
I have a bugeye sti and the headlight's are dull and stained and it look's like the inside of the lense. Has anybody got any idea's on how to clean them or has anybody had the same sort of thing? I would buy some more but I only need the outer casing as they are HID but people are wanting £400 for a new set?
Old 30 November 2010, 09:43 AM
Darkcloud
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there....you might have to actually remove the clear lens on each headlight to be able to clean them on the inside...As they are stuck on its not a case of just prizing them off with a screw driver....you would have to actually heat them up in an oven so the adhesive softens.(you have to keep an eye on them whilst in the oven so you dont overheat them....just hot enough to be able to prize off each lens). Ive seen this done with WRX bugeye headlights.....but not sure if you can do this with Sti headlights (HID etc) as any electrics within might get damaged if too hot... If you manage to get the lens off...you could possibly use plastic polish to bring em up to like new....
Caution is advised....good luck..let me know how you get on.........

Originally Posted by scooby280
Hello everybody,
I have a bugeye sti and the headlight's are dull and stained and it look's like the inside of the lense. Has anybody got any idea's on how to clean them or has anybody had the same sort of thing? I would buy some more but I only need the outer casing as they are HID but people are wanting £400 for a new set?