Notices

MY95 WRX Aircon/Climate control

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2002, 10:49 PM
wrxjoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Jap import with no handbook, and my first scooby, also the first car I have had with both aircon and climate control.
Not sure how this should operate, if I put the right hand control(climate control?) to auto and set the left hand control to cool temp, the blower blast out cool air as a I would expect with an aircon system.
But if I press the aircon button nothing different happens, this is also the case if the right hand control is at off or at normal fan setting (nothing happens). Hope this makes sense.
What I'm getting at is that nothing really happens if I press the aircon button.
Hope someone can help with this.
Old 08 April 2002, 03:06 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I have MY94 WRX Wagon, so know what you are on about.

When you press the aircon button the air should be a lot cooler than without it being pressed in.

The idea is that you set the temp gauge to the temp you want, then put the fan into the auto position, then whack the air con button on. This should then be in semi-auto climate control mode.

If you feel no difference when the air con is on, then it might mean the air con unit needs re-gassing.
Old 08 April 2002, 10:13 PM
wrxjoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks m8, sat in the garage tonight waiting for the turbo timer to finish. As I pressed the aircon button I could feel the power being used and just about here the unit start up but nothing else. So reckon your right, time for a re-gas, hopefully no serious impossible to find leaks.
Old 11 April 2002, 06:48 PM
tntsystems
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem twice on my 97 uk model (no climate, but A/C) the unit has been regassed twice, and ended up costing me 90 quid for a new pump.