Notices

Hellas All Fitted

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2010, 05:20 PM
baz995
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellas All Fitted

After getting my Hellas delivered in brilliant time from BigArf i couldnt wait to fit em so took the afternoon off work. Found a few threads on the ole tinterweb about fitting, i was mainly after the wiring. Wasnt too sure about bothering with the relay but found a thread saying they would be louder with it fitted so i fitted it.

I removed the stock horns completey and made a bracket from 5mm ally then measured up so they would be central as possbile. Drilled the holes in the bracket and bent it to shape.

I mounted the relay were the left hand horn was originally fitted and used the original bolt.

I fitted the relay here as i didnt have to **** about cutting the stock cable or using male/female tangs etc as the stock lead just fitted straight onto the relay

Made the looms up next following the wiring diagram from SN and mounted the horns on the bracket then the bracket to the center member using the original horn bolt.

offered up the grill and all fitted well so used the earth on the left wing and connected the +V lead to the battery

checked all the wiring and did a functional check all good. The sound is slighter higher pitched than stock but then i didnt buy em for the sound!! spent a few mins coating the realy and terminals with wax protection and also did the screws on the horns and the metal middle section.

one thing i didnt realise was that the copper terminals on the horn are +ve and the silver ones are -ve. Also going on a bit of 'L' theory i might get some thicker core conductor for the wiring and change it to see if they can be driven a bit harder, thanks for looking and thanks BigArf

Last edited by baz995; 11 September 2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12 September 2010, 09:25 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I REALLY must get round to fitting mine...

LOL

dunx

P.S. Arf only sold them 'cos his car needs to be a bit quicker...
Old 13 September 2010, 07:11 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
I REALLY must get round to fitting mine...

LOL

dunx

P.S. Arf only sold them 'cos his car needs to be a bit quicker...
them 2lbs will make all the difference.
Old 13 September 2010, 07:16 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baz995
After getting my Hellas delivered in brilliant time from BigArf i couldnt wait to fit em so took the afternoon off work. Found a few threads on the ole tinterweb about fitting, i was mainly after the wiring. Wasnt too sure about bothering with the relay but found a thread saying they would be louder with it fitted so i fitted it.

I removed the stock horns completey and made a bracket from 5mm ally then measured up so they would be central as possbile. Drilled the holes in the bracket and bent it to shape.

I mounted the relay were the left hand horn was originally fitted and used the original bolt.

I fitted the relay here as i didnt have to **** about cutting the stock cable or using male/female tangs etc as the stock lead just fitted straight onto the relay

Made the looms up next following the wiring diagram from SN and mounted the horns on the bracket then the bracket to the center member using the original horn bolt.

offered up the grill and all fitted well so used the earth on the left wing and connected the +V lead to the battery

checked all the wiring and did a functional check all good. The sound is slighter higher pitched than stock but then i didnt buy em for the sound!! spent a few mins coating the realy and terminals with wax protection and also did the screws on the horns and the metal middle section.

one thing i didnt realise was that the copper terminals on the horn are +ve and the silver ones are -ve. Also going on a bit of 'L' theory i might get some thicker core conductor for the wiring and change it to see if they can be driven a bit harder, thanks for looking and thanks BigArf
nice right up mate,glad they got there intime for the weekend so you could get them on.looking good.
Old 13 September 2010, 08:17 AM
baz995
Scooby Regular

Cheers Arf, i know the weight is an issue and found an online caluclator which reckons i am now sadly 0.03hp down but on the upside the horns are that powerful that if you whack em on when braking it increases your stopping power due to the shockwave that they emit by 2 elephants, uber