Bugeye Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2010, 03:45 PM
benbrandwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye Alarm Help

Hi there,

I have an aftermarket alarm on my Bugeye WRX STI UK model scoob, but unfortunatly I only have one key and one fob

The alarm fob identifies it as a GT482/GT82N. The key says ALPHA Corp. COJ12, the key does have buttons but they are taped up and not used.

There is an imobiliser light next to the I/C Water Spray button, which has a red LED and two small prong contacts - these match two contacts on the top of the fob

There are also two cylinder shaped ultrasonic sensors at the top of each A-pillar

I believe that the GT alarm is also the imobiliser (i.e. if I unlock the car, then mess about in the boot for a while - say 5 mins, then the car won't start until I put the key in the ignition, turn it to the on position then press the fob unlock button again, I can then turn the key and start it)

A few queries to see if anyone can shed any light on it

1) If, as I suspect, the GT alarm is handling the imobiliser, and I wanted to get a new key cut - will I need to get the key chip re-programmed?
2) Does anybody know about the GT alarm? I can get a fob for around £50 or so, but not sure about coding it. I've heard DIP switches/prongs etc.

Or, am I best taking it to a fitter, getting the thing ripped out and getting an alarm which has the key and the fob in one unit (is that even possible?) - what would a reasonable cost be £250?

Anyway, pics of the key/fob are below

Cheers for any help

Ben

Last edited by benbrandwood; 19 August 2010 at 03:48 PM.