Notices

1999 subaru i impreza no air coming from heaters?

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2010, 01:51 PM
jeff121
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1999 subaru i impreza no air coming from heaters?

ive almost given up on my impreza turbo and its just been sat on my drive for the last few weeks as the heaters are not working and is too hot to get inside, well first of all i have checked the fuses under the drivers side compartment & bonnet, swapped some of the relay plugs around from under the bonnet to see if it may have been a faulty relay, i have took the glove compartment out to see if there is a 4 pin relay plug which may be faulty, however my car doesn't have one in that location, i have pulled the plug from the blower to see what volt reading i am getting, only from one wire i get around 11/12 volts, the other 3/4 wires dont have a reading? im completely confused and need my ventilation fan working please if anybody could help that would be great. p.s when i turn the heater switch on i can hear a clicking noise front behind the driver side speedometer sort of area, but no air comes out of the vents at all?

could somebody advise where to check next as im out of ideas?

thanks
Old 28 June 2010, 02:58 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There are relays up under the dash, driver's side. They are high up and can usually be FELT, or SEEN, but not both at once unless you are a midget contortinist
Old 28 June 2010, 04:14 PM
jeff121
Scooby Newbie

lol, when i switch the heaters on i can hear a clicking noise from there, is there any guide or information on how i would go around checking these relays or switches or changing them?

thanks
Old 28 June 2010, 04:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Not really, but if you can HEAR it clicking, get down and reach up and you can probably FEEL it too.

Which means you can get hold of it, pull it down, disconnect it and put a new one in, either from a motor factors, HellFrauds, car-electrics place or www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk.

There are only so many relays out there, yours will be a standard type, replace it, a few £££ see if it clears the problem.
Old 29 June 2010, 10:09 AM
jeff121
Scooby Newbie

Hi ive tried to locate the clicking relay behind the drivers dash, ive tried to access it from the driver footwell, however it is very compilcated to see which one the noise is coming from is there any images on which sort of relay this could be? or any more ideas on what i could do next? im going to have a try again and see if i can work it out, but i dont want to mess anything up as there is allot of wires
Old 08 July 2010, 04:09 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem on my classic and it turned out the blower motor was shot. I would pop that out and check if its getting power first and then give the unit power to see if it spins.