Notices

Help please ?????

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2010, 10:48 AM
tattoodave
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please ?????

the other day went to open up the throttle and suddenly the speedo and rev counter and temp went dead the fuel still showed correct and lost windows indicators (hazards still worked ). Called AA out and after checking fuses ect which were fine said that altenator wasn't charging. Replaced altenator and called them out again for a jump start. After investigating as the rev counter and stuff was still dead decided that the altenator was fine but still no life on the dash ???????? has anyone ever had this before as its got me and the AA miffed?????? they say it could be the dash cluster faulty ?????
Old 24 April 2010, 09:35 PM
duanet78
Scooby Newbie

hi mate i have the same problem only my car wont start. i have no dash lights or anything there is no power to anything when turn key everything dissappears and car wont start. does yours still start? been told mine is the ignition switch..
Old 24 April 2010, 10:25 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi tatdave, have you checked all the fuses ? esp the ones under the bonnet.
duanet78, is ur battery fully charged if so id could ur immobiliser be at fault ?
Old 24 April 2010, 11:23 PM
duanet78
Scooby Newbie

hey mate i havent got a immobiliser only had this scooby 2 months. guy who had it before hand put a cheap alarm on it, no immobiliser to my knowledge, is there one built in has standard ???
Old 25 April 2010, 07:41 AM
tattoodave
Scooby Newbie

well all the fuses have been checked and they all are ok. . when its given a little help from a jump start and runs fine. . . but even when its running theres still no clocks working or indicators and the cooling fans are on constantly ????? as far as the immobiliser goes the door locks still work fine and the alarm shows green light. . . ????