Notices

Arming & Re-Arming Sigma Alarm - RH Indicator Lights stay on -MY2001 Bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2009, 08:48 PM
pmarch bugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arming & Re-Arming Sigma Alarm - RH Indicator Lights stay on -MY2001 Bugeye

This is probably a very uncommon problem that started off very occasionally but is now happening several times a week, even on a daily basis. When opening (unlocking/disarming) and closing (locking/arming) the car using the key fob, the drivers side indicators (orange lights) remain on, and the RH indicator light on the dash remains illuminated. You can start the car and drive it normally, but the light staying on constantly is dangerous as needless to say, there is no flashing function to turn right or overtake etc. In order to temporarily rectify this annoying status, it can take several presses of the key fob button on/off, involving also the opening and closing of doors before the fault somehow rectifies, whereupon the normal function is restored where the indicator lights flash four times then go out. Leaving the indicator light on would drain the battery, so if it gets desperate I would have to disconnect the battery. The problem is now becoming a real nuisance. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions before I go to the dealer and get ripped off? An inkling as to what could be causing this (or what parts will need replacing) would be useful to know. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 21 November 2009, 01:27 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You need an alarm engineer, one of the outputs that drives the indicators has failed, it may be possible to just cut one wire to dis-connect it.

HTH

dunx
Old 01 December 2009, 09:21 PM
pmarch bugeye
Scooby Regular

Thanks dunx - dealer said best to replace alarm control unit so it's being done - collecting car tomorrow after other problem with fuel leak and also the fix for the dreaded Bugeye cold start petrol smell problem.