Alarm insight.

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2009, 08:06 PM
stoo2k
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm insight.

Hi guys.
Was just after a bit of an insight into the aftermarket alarm fitment. I have an 95plate WRX import and it has a Hornet alarm fitted. The problem with it, it only unlocks the drivers door. Obviously i would prefer it to open all my doors which i am sure it should do. I have check in the door and it has a solenoid conected to the rod that locks/unlocks the door so i am asuming its only a wiring issue or blown fuses.
Which fuses should i be looking for as i have check the main engine bay one and there all fine and also i have checked all the fuses in the box in the drivers footwell. I have replaced the door lock timer as well and its starting to anoy me now. Im convinced its something trival.
Just jot down your thoughts for me please (related to this topic obviously)
Old 25 April 2009, 08:20 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Wink

A Hornet alarm? Do you get a lot of Hornets round your way then?

Seriously, my lad's Clio unlocks the driver's door, then with a second press of the key fob, the rest of the car.

It's so YOU can get into the vehicle without fear of some ****** getting in the passenger side: THAT remains locked unless YOU tell it to unlock
Old 25 April 2009, 08:45 PM
stoo2k
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that and it doesnt work. Just drivers door still. I have since found out that its a 742T hornet alarm. The alarm diagram (Hornet 742t wiring diagram) shows a door positive and negative. This Im sure is connected to the solenoid thats fitted in the drivers door. Just thinking about it. If i open the door with my key, it doesnt unlock all of the other doors either so does that mean they have choped a wire they shouldnt of??
I think its looking like Im going to have to pull the whole system out and see what they've done.
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the door lock setup on a 95 impreza???

Last edited by stoo2k; 25 April 2009 at 08:46 PM.