Notices

99 STi Central locking wiring for alarm

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2008, 04:15 PM
MR_MAJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 STi Central locking wiring for alarm

Has anyone managed to connect into the central locking system to operate this feature using an alarm (remotely)?

As far as I can see theres 2 modules one at the driver kick panel above the fuse compartment and one near the steering rack which is a timer module, (I assume its function is to automatically relock doors if not opened within a certain time lapse).

The car doesnt have factory keyless entry, you can see the 2 positive pulse inputs on both modules with a test light for lock(+) and unlock(+). However when going into them with a pulse from the alarm module(+) theres a short and it takes out fuses. The alarm also uses (+ve) pulses and has 2 separate built in relays for the lock and unlock.

In the kick panel you can see the 3 wires going to the door motor in the drivers door which connect into the fuse box and are connected together using rubber insulated bullet connectors (factory fitted), theres a purple (constant 12V) and 2 other wires (brown and white) which pulse to lock(+) and unlock(+), again going into these directly causes a short and fuses to pop, however if I disconnect one of the lock/unlock wires and pulse to the other the central locking works in the right direction, but one of the 2 wires coming from the door motor side must be unconnected otherwise theres a short and yep you guessed it, a fuse pops.

Have tried to use relays instead but get the same problem, the relays the alarm has built in can handle 15A anyway but i have tried this anyway.

Other than this everything else is connected perfectly

Some one must have done this and got it to work?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 20 July 2008, 07:58 AM
mad macca mccann
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi just fitted a alarm to my96 import sti dont know if its the same but my alarm was a negative pulse and wired into the relay above the fuse box

the relay on yours above the fuse box does it connect to the other modual via a green plug if so try disconnecting this plug and wireing up then. thats how i got mine wired in

Last edited by mad macca mccann; 20 July 2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: spelling