Notices

electrical issues/fuses (i hope)

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2008, 12:59 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issues/fuses (i hope)

after the trials with the new engine (ouch) took the car for the dreaded mot today...it failed but not as bad as i thought.Main problems are the horn doesnt work,hazards dont work,fog lamp switch doesnt work and i noticed that the illumination on the stereo and dash section doesnt work so im hoping these are all connected in some way.Does anyone know if theres a relay or fuse that controls any of the said items and where it could be,thanks in advance
Old 03 March 2008, 08:33 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by exvaux
after the trials with the new engine (ouch) took the car for the dreaded mot today...it failed but not as bad as i thought.Main problems are the horn doesnt work,hazards dont work,fog lamp switch doesnt work and i noticed that the illumination on the stereo and dash section doesnt work so im hoping these are all connected in some way.Does anyone know if theres a relay or fuse that controls any of the said items and where it could be,thanks in advance
certainly sounds like a fuse to me,not sure where they are located on a classic though have you got a handbook?
Old 03 March 2008, 08:54 PM
Skooby53
Scooby Regular

Fuse panel located behind the coin tray. There is also one in the engine bay, black box passenger side. The horn is in the engine bay box, fuse number 23 15A this is also hazard lights! Fog switch is number 7 in the inside box. Start with the first one as this may cover all your symptoms. Good luck
Old 04 March 2008, 12:16 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

its an import so everything is in japanese,manuals and fuse cover lol but when they replaced the engine they must have removed the fuse as it was missing,horn and hazards now work