Notices

Passenger side electric window problem

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2007, 12:53 PM
Kevwood
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side electric window problem

This is a strange one I cant figure out. Sometimes the passenger window works and sometimes it doesn't!

Passenger window goes down, leave it around 5 seconds (ish) and it wont go back up (drivers control doesn't work either). To make it work again I have to move it down then immediately back up - and it works. After this the drivers control will then work it fine, up, down the lot!

I can't get my head round why moving it down then immediately back up makes it work again? Initially I thought it was the switch, but as the drivers control doesn't work (when the passenger side isn't working) then it can't be (can it?). Told you it was a strange one.

Any help would be great. Cheers.
Old 31 December 2007, 01:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds like the motor is sticking, probably dirt or corrosion on the contacts at the commutator.

Can you get it off to clean it? If it's a classic the door cards are easy.......

Alcazar
Old 31 December 2007, 01:46 PM
Kevwood
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep it's a '99 classic. Cheers, I'll have a look at cleaning the motor. Hopefully it might sort it but i'm not so sure.

I should have mentioned in the first post that once i've tried to move it up on the passenger side and it hasn't worked, when I try to move it on the drivers side it doesn't move, not even down. Only after I've been able to make it move up on the passenger side (moving down then quickly up) will the drivers side work.
Old 01 January 2008, 11:10 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Yeah, I read that NEITHER switch works, which is why I suggested the motor, rather than one of the switches.

You COULD try the switches too, AND look for corrosion, or loose contacts at the switch terminals and at the motor.

HINT: did you know that if it DOES need a new switch, they are out of a Nissan? I bet you have a Nissan dealership closer than a Scoob one

Alcazar