Battery help - 2004 Imprezza TS2.5

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2007, 07:33 PM
whiskywizard
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery help - 2004 Imprezza TS2.5

I could use some advice please.
My son has added a sub-woofer and 400W amp to a 2004 Imprezza 2.5TS. The original battery is getting pretty tired. A few minutes with the stereo on and the car shut off will kill the battery.
Any suggestions for a quality battery? I really want something that has the proper battery post positions so I don't need to extend or re-route the cables.
Cost is not a major factor - I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get something that will perform well and last a bit longer. Thanks.
Old 20 February 2007, 12:37 PM
whiskywizard
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whiskywizard
I could use some advice please.
My son has added a sub-woofer and 400W amp to a 2004 Imprezza 2.5TS. The original battery is getting pretty tired. A few minutes with the stereo on and the car shut off will kill the battery.
Any suggestions for a quality battery? I really want something that has the proper battery post positions so I don't need to extend or re-route the cables.
Cost is not a major factor - I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get something that will perform well and last a bit longer. Thanks.
Scoobymods lead me to the answer; Optima redtop comes in a Group 35 style with correct battery post orientation.
Oddly, Optima's website says they do not have a battery that fits. This must be because the new optima is about 3/4" shorter than the OEM battery and requires either shorter hold-down arms, threading more of the existing hold-down arms, or adding a spacer so that the hold-down bracket will secure the battery tightly.