Notices

Dual beam HID for H4's

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2001, 06:39 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Got this in an email from www.ca-automotive.co.uk today (seems expensive but then could be taken off and fitted to next car):

The all-inclusive cost for a Bellof H4 dual-beam kit is £670.00. Please note that although this is considerably more expensive than other kits on the market currently, Bellof is the only kit currently to offer dual-beam H4, (Xenon lighting on both dipped and main beam). All other kits currently available on the market only cater for single beam and are not legal for road use.

Bellof kits are of premium professional quality with specially grafted ceramic bases onto the bulbs to exactly match H4 configuration for a precise fit, thereby ensuring that the capsule is at the correct focal point to keep the beam focusing pattern as intended by the manufacturer.
Old 03 December 2001, 07:20 PM
NINJA
Scooby Regular

does this mean still one single bulb is used for dipped and main beam have a p1 and was looking for a good upgrade but need to stay legal ie need dipped and main beam...
Old 03 December 2001, 10:10 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

That's how I read it.
Old 04 December 2001, 09:16 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I did email ca-automotive a while back in one of my 'hmm HID would be nice' phases. think that it is dual type thing, which is good news, well, not now as I've gone and god morettes, which means that I can run HID on dipped, main or both if I wanted.

depending on the cost of the belof kits (and I've heard they are quite good) it might be cheaper to get a quad headlamp conversion, then you can get HID for dipped or full, or both.
Old 04 December 2001, 11:12 AM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Markus,

Hmmm, you're right, but <flame suit on> I don't like the look of Morettes, plus potentially the Bellof kit will fit any car.

Xenon lamps as a factory option on most cars seems to be around £500, so Bellof doesn't look that expensive (he says, trying to convince himself).

Regards
Tim
Old 04 December 2001, 11:53 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

oooh! I should flame grill you like a Whopper! tis true morettes are not to everyone's taste and from the sound of it the belof kit will give you HID on dipped and main which is just what you want. My only concern here is that part of the problem with the crap lighting in scoobs is due to the reflector design, and with the belof and possibly other HID kits this will not change the reflector design, so the advantage might not be as great as it could be, but it'd still be better than what you already have.

hmm, HID for dipped, main and HID fog to driving light conversion, now that would be nice!
Old 04 December 2001, 01:42 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yes, good point, a cr@p reflector will still be a cr@p reflector no matter what the bulb....

Did you ever find anything to fit over the Morettes to make them look...errrr... a bit nicer.... <reaches for zipper on flame suit again>

Trending Topics

Old 04 December 2001, 03:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

was not looking to put anything over them, well except to protect them. but am told they should be pretty tough.
Old 05 December 2001, 12:01 AM
ChrisB

Hi Markus,

I've managed to badly crack (more crazed) one of the main beam lenses on my Morettes.

It happened whilst on the Tour D'Ecosse, so I put it down to gravel spray from the Scooby in front.

Price of a new lens? £62+VAT Somebody recently mentioned to me about something to protect them, I'll try to dig it out.

Chris.
Old 05 December 2001, 09:02 AM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Question

NBW
I checked this dual beam out, the website says it replaces the bulbs with their HID system but does not allow you to have dipped and main beam, either one or the other. Damn.....

http://www.bellof.co.kr/

H
Old 05 December 2001, 11:47 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

BELLOF HID SYSTEM HL4
The existing HID System has transferred the light source of the From said website:

HID by incorporating the Control Unit into the structural problem(because there is only one place for the Xenon Capsule,The conversion of the high beam to low beam is not possible) However,with the H4 System type,the conversion of high to low beam is no possible for the first time ever in history.

Old 05 December 2001, 12:58 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

This is all great, but CA automotive want £890 including discount to SIDC people. Where does the price of £670 for the dual beam ones come from?

I dont think I can justify £90 with the reflectors still being pants.
Old 05 December 2001, 01:01 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Adam
Judging by your mods so far, money is the least object to you

I dunno, we find you what you are looking for, then it's not good enough LOL
Old 05 December 2001, 01:10 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

oooh! sounds like we've found the holy grail here. but as adam says,it's a bit pricey ofr use with are well known naff reflector design.

Morettes would be one option, but I know you (adam) don't want them, which is fair enough.

Only other thing I can think of would be for you to contact CA Automotive and ask them if they'd let you evaluate the kit to see how the reflector design effects things.
Old 05 December 2001, 03:37 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

says the man with his and hers matching scoobs, eh dave?

I am young and irrespomsible with no commitments, it is my right frivelously waste money.
Old 05 December 2001, 07:27 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Too right mate! Totally agree