Prodrive Driving Lights and that 32 pin pug

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 01:03 PM
Charles aka Charlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Prodrive Driving Lights and that 32 pin pug

Hi All,

I was fitting my Prodrive (Hella 1000FF) driving light over the weekend and came to the part of the instructions referencing the illusive 32 pin plug (couldn't find it anywhere)

I've had a look at numerous posts, that detailed it's in fact positioned on the left hand side of the steering column. I contacted Prodrive yesterday (great customers service) and they sent me these two pictures for clarification (it's the plug wrapped in grey foam):

Now this is from a 2003 car and I'm fitting them to a 2001 car. Can anybody confirm that this plug exists on a 2001 car too?

If it doesn't, I'll be looking at using a 12v feed from the main beam light found in the dials cluster. Can anybody confirm I need to do further dismantling of the dash to get to this and what colour the wire is?

Many thanks,

Charlie
Old 16 January 2007, 09:32 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

I did it on a MY02 car.

I too couldn't find the 32 pin plug referred to. I went further up the loom right to the back of the clocks. I unplugged a 30 pin connector from the back of the clocks themselves and made the connections to the wires close to that plug.

The wiring colours were as the prodrive instructions blue and white for one wire and red for the other. The blue and white was pin 1 on the 30 pin pug and the red was pin2.
Old 17 January 2007, 08:47 AM
Charles aka Charlie
Scooby Regular

I've just had a feel up behind the dash and can feel the said plug (covered in sponge), from the picture I can also see a red wire and possible blue/white. So I think I'll tackle this instead (and test with a multi meter) of going up behind the clocks.

But thanks for your reply. Out of interest, to go for the clocks plug, did it need much additional dismantling of the dash etc?

Cheers,

Charlie
Old 18 January 2007, 07:15 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Yep took the complete clocks out. Forget how as it was a few years ago but wasn't too hard or I'd have remembered.