Notices

HID

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2007, 01:52 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID

Got a pair of 6000 hid fitted bu one bulb has gone....can I find anywhere that replaces them?
**** no......anyone here have an idea who does them?
Old 02 January 2007, 03:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
Got a pair of 6000 hid fitted bu one bulb has gone....can I find anywhere that replaces them?
**** no......anyone here have an idea who does them?
SURE it's the bulb? Changed it for the one from the working side, which works now on the non-working side, if you see what I mean?

Have a look here: HIDS4U Ltd, Leeds, UK for all HID and Xenon lighting kits and conversions
or here:http://stores.ebay.com/Genuine-Auto
or here: www.xenonlightsource.com

Alcazar
Old 02 January 2007, 09:37 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

HID is all a bit new to have much knowledge yet.

I think the source for spare bulbs depends whether there's a plug and socket in the big thick high voltage cable between the ballast and the blub.

A lot of OEM one's are direct connected or the connector is a round metal disc like socket which screws onto the back of the blub itself. If your's is like this then you need to source a D2S or D2R from somewhere like Autolamps-on-line. Not sure what the difference is between the two, take your's out and check for a marking.

If yours is an aftermarket kit converting a conventional bulb, eg H1 to HID, then in my experience (limited to the above company's conversions and the pictures in the group buy) they bond the new base, which mimics the H1 base, onto the bottom of one of the above bulbs. So in this case obviously you need to buy another converted HID blub from one of these after market conversion companies rather than an OEM replacement or it won't fit your car.

Other thing to watch out for is that with the bonded on base it seems to come with a short length of high voltage cable on the bulb and a plug and socket to link to the rest of the cable from the ballast. Again obviously you need to match the plug and socket or your new bulb won't connect to your existing ballast. I'm not aware there's any standardisation here so you may need to hunt around for the people who supplied your actual kit to be sure of getting a matching plug. Or get the bulb from anywhere but also get the mating half of the plug to attach to your ballast. I'm uncertain if the ballasts are polarity sensitive so take care in putting the plug onto the ballast wire.

Finally take great care with messing with the HID wiring from the ballast to the bulb. Allegedly there's 80kV coming from the ballast to strike the arc so be very careful with your wiring and don't be tempted to fire it up before it's complete to measure polarities, test it or anything like that.

Last edited by Chelspeed; 02 January 2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07 January 2007, 05:11 AM
Chad!
Scooby Regular

Question www.xenonlightsource.com

Has anyone used www.xenonlightsource.com for their HID's? They seem really cheap. Just wondering if they are a quality product and a company I can trust??? If anyone has any experience with this company and their HID kits can you please PM me and let me know how it all went etc.

Many thanks,

Chad!
Old 07 January 2007, 06:19 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chad!
Has anyone used www.xenonlightsource.com for their HID's? They seem really cheap. Just wondering if they are a quality product and a company I can trust??? If anyone has any experience with this company and their HID kits can you please PM me and let me know how it all went etc.

Many thanks,

Chad!
GB going currently for this company here:

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...group-buy.html