clear indicator question

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2001, 11:09 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hi...

lots of companies supply clear side and front indicator lenses... are they all the same kind though, or do different companies supply different makes?

i.e. DRMotorsport, Scoobysport, Scoobymania for instance all supply them... are they supplying *identical* items or do they vary at all?

also, will i need to change the bulbs too or is just changing the lenses enough?

thanks...
(V)
Old 29 November 2001, 12:30 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two type(based on MY99) - one is just pure clear glass (so you can see the actual bulb very clearly) similar to the headlights on the MY99/00 and the other is the same as the indicators on there at the mo but in normal glass. One is called Jewel - can't remember which. Hope that makes sense.
Best to check with the company before ordering. I got mine from DR and they are the ones like the current MY99 indicators, normal glass.

They usually come with bulbs and they are usually orange, so you can still see the orange bulb through them (worse if its the clear glass as you can really see the orange bulb then), not as neat IMHO. If you can you should opt to have Phillips Silver Vision indicator bulbs supplied. These are silver bulbs so do not show at all yet they still flash orange - the dogs dooda's!!!! You need to file off one of the lugs on them as they don't quite fit bug the 1 remaining lug will hold them in nice and securly anyway, and I've had no probs with doing it that way

Hope that helps