Notices

MY05 - WRX Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2006, 10:57 PM
boxman2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 - WRX Lights

Hey all, this is my first post on the Scoobynet forums, been a longtime viewer but thought it was about time I joined up!

Anyway, just brought an 05 WRX (don't get paid enough to have an STi!) and I'm looking at my first change to be to replace the headlamps. My question is am I able to put any alternative headlights (i.e. xenon etc.) as a straight replacement for my existing - not interested in morette etc).

My mate has just bought a 2L R and his lights are SO much brigher than mine!

Cheers
PJ
Old 12 December 2006, 11:14 PM
richiewong
Twatful

You could always buy a HID upgrade or simply replace the bulbs.

Dipped H1, main HB3's and W5W for sidelights, you just about have to remove the units to fit sidelights and have small hands for the main/dipped bulbs.

Try Power Bulbs - autobulbs, autolamps, xenon headlights, car bulbs, headlight bulbs, osram silverstar, silver star, philips vision plus, philips blue vision, bluevision
Old 13 December 2006, 12:27 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

There is a group buy currently running for HID's (in the group buy area oddly enough....). Will cost you about £120 for dip or main or double that for both (down from £350 a set 2 years ago) plus some import tax if you're unlucky. Will need some fairly simple mechanical and electrical work to fit. They will give you excellent light, far better than any bulb change.

If this is too much dosh then a bulb change will cost about £20 for both dips and the same for mains from the suspects mentioned above. This will give some improvement, nowhere near as much as HID, but much cheaper and 10 mins to fit.
Old 23 December 2006, 09:44 AM
fisherpl
Scooby Regular

You could try Halfrauds Super Brilliance bulbs. I fitted these to dip and main before last winter and the difference is vast. Much whiter light with greater spread / range.

At the mo they are doing a 2 for 1 offer so it will cost about £30 to do both dip and main.

The only problem after is that the sidelights look distinctly yellow at the side of the headlights. I have tried white LED bulbs but they are dim to the point of being useless!