Notices

Subtle headlight beam adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2006, 07:39 PM
AdamCrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subtle headlight beam adjustment?

Evening all, i fitted some better bulbs to my MY99 UK Turbo a week or two ago and ive been using my lights a lot recently as its getting dark earlier.

Ive noticed that the passenger side beam seems to be ever so slightly higher than my drivers side beam. Ive took the bulbs out and refitted them correctly again but its still the same. Its not really a problem but its a bit annoying.

Is there something else i need to do? Is there any way to adjust them that i dont know about?

Thanks

Adam
Old 31 October 2006, 09:09 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

IIRC that model has electrical adjusters? If so, fine adjustment of each on can be done with an Allen (hex) key in the adjuster found at thr front edge of each electrical adjuster.

Sorry, mine has had Morettes for so long, I can't remember which way it turns for up and which way for down, but if you stand it agianst a garage door etc, and mark the beam position, then turn the adjuster slightly, you'll see which way it goes. You can return it to marked position easily.

Setting up is best done like that with the car on a level surface about 10m from a wall.

I tend to do mine via the main beams: set up each one seperately by hanging a thick cloth, or card across the one not being set up. If the main beams are right, the dips often are too.

Alcazar
Old 31 October 2006, 10:00 AM
AdamCrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mate, ill have a go at this tonight.

Adam