Notices

WRX wont start ???

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2006, 02:09 PM
calorgaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX wont start ???

Ok, a bit of background. I have an 03 plate bugeye and was in the process of cleaning it this afternoon.

All I have done is basically cleaned the windows and vacced the carpets inside. Then when I come to move it (parked too close to the wifes car to get around it properly with a bucket), it wont start

The starter will not spin at all and all i get is a noise like a relay going bananas, this noise appears to be coming from under the TMIC. All fuses and relays appear ok, no sign of loose wires and the alarm/imobiliser is working fine. Only thing I can think of is having the CD player on for an hour or so, but surley that wont flatten a battery

Any help would be most appreciated, especially as my wife is expecting anytime soon and without a car I'm going to be up a certain creek with no means of propulsion I'm searching through the archives as this post goes up, but it's pretty urgent so I had to start a new thread.

A
Old 26 March 2006, 03:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

If the battery was low, and you were using the CD player at a volume to hear while washing it, then yes, it could have flattened the battery.

The net result is often what you describe, the relay clicks in, but there isn't enough voltage to spin the starter.

The answer would be to try a jump start, (know anyone with jump leads?) or call out the RAC etc.

Sorry, Alcazar
Old 26 March 2006, 03:50 PM
calorgaz
Scooby Regular

I left the car for a half hour whilst on here searching for the problem, went back to it and tried to start. The starter motor began to turn and then went to clicks again. So at least it's not the starter motor

Anyway, batetry charger is on and charging, so I'll give it an hour and try again.

Thanks

A
Old 09 April 2006, 01:29 PM
Mangel
Scooby Regular

ya battery is flat and knackered by the sound of it, recharge but try and get a new asap or else