Notices

Accessory Output on Sigma

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2005, 09:27 AM
W00DY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory Output on Sigma

Can anybody help, I am needing to find the location of WIRE 4 (GREEN/RED – Programmable Accessory Output 2) on a Sigma M30 in a MY02 WRX.

I am about to fit power window close module PWC-402.

Cheers,

Woody
Old 13 September 2005, 03:21 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by W00DY
Can anybody help, I am needing to find the location of WIRE 4 (GREEN/RED – Programmable Accessory Output 2) on a Sigma M30 in a MY02 WRX.

I am about to fit power window close module PWC-402.

Cheers,

Woody
Hi Woody,
The 02MY has the alarm loom fitted on the production line and as this output is not usually used, the pin at the alarm unit multiplug is empty - so forget the wire colour!
The pin location at the alarm main 20-way multiplug can be identified as the connector should have the numbers 1-20 moulded into it below the pins.
Biggest problem here is that you wont have a terminal to crimp to your wire and insert into the connector. Try Farnell's part number 151-891 for the crimp pin.
The alarm unit should be located to the left of the glovebox on 02MY (above the foot brake pedal on 01MY). You will need special anti-tamper bits to remove the metal security enclosure and access the alarm unit and multi-plug.

So now you have your output....
First thing to mention is that this is a low current negative output output (<200mA), so dont even think about connecting this to anything that draws current direcly down this wire without the use of a relay.
Second thing is that this output can be switched to work in one of two ways. As standard, a negative output will occur on this wire on every occasion the system is disarmed. This will occur automatically for the duration of the "Auto-Rearm" period. This is no good to you unless you want to bring the interior lamp on when disarming (through a relay of course!)

For window lifts you will need to re-program the output to give a negative output whilst the Radio Key button remains pressed when arming the system.
To do this-
Arm/Disarm the system, then type the following into the keypad in the coin tray: *17856*07*1#
Check with a test lamp that the operation of this output is now correct. As mentioned above ,the negative output should occur when the Radio Key button is press to arm the system and remain whilst the button is depressed.

NB when this "Hold Down" on arming feature is selected you will lose the "Panic Facility" from the Radio Key

I don't recognise the PWC-402 part number so can only assume that this isn't a Sigma product , but provided it is switched from a negative input you should be able to follow the wiring information supplied with that product to complete the job.

Best of luck,
SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 13 September 2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 13 September 2005, 04:32 PM
W00DY
Scooby Regular

Hi Sam, thanks for getting back to me, the PWC-402 is a Toad product, and can be switched from both.

When you were talking about the pin location at the alarm main 20-way multiplug, what pin number is it that i am looking to replace?

The other question i have is, on reading the manual i think you sent me some time ago, would it be possible to programme the alarm to have the negative output only for a set time, i.e when the alarm is arming, to automatically close the windows?

It want matter to much either way, but if possible, i thought it might be a better solution.

Cheers,

Woody.
Old 14 September 2005, 09:50 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Yep, the pin location you are looking for is number 4.

The only output options for Wire 4 are the two I've listed above.
When programmed as described, you have the option of arming the system and leaving the windows down (brief press of Radio Key button) or armng the system and closing the windows (press Radio Key button and continue to hold untill windows are fully raised).
If the button is released when the windows are half way up, the output stops on wire 4 and the windows will stop in this position.
This output is ideal for the Sigma AC22M window closer that only operates whilst a negative input is detected. It is intentional that you can't just press and walk away, for safety (if fitting to vehicles without "anti-trap" windows).

As far as I am aware, unlike the Sigma unit, the Toad unit will continue to shut the windows once the initial negative pulse is detected, even if the Radio Key button is released before the windows fully close. This unit should have an internal thermal trip that shuts the unit off once the windows close. With this in mind, you have the feature you want (press then hold briefly before walking away) and also the option to arm the system and leave the windows down (brief press)

If the PWC 402 requires a permanent negative output whilst the alarm system remains armed, then you shold use the output from wire 3 (pin 3) instead- no programming required, however this output would always attempt to lift the windows when you arm the system.

SS
Old 14 September 2005, 12:32 PM
W00DY
Scooby Regular

Cheers Sam,

Hopefully that'll be enough for me to get on and do this, my mate is the foreman at the local toyota garage, and he's doing the work, so this info is great. Thanks.

Woody.