Notices

Access to live feed from clock on MY04?

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2005, 05:44 PM
wrx_sti_my04
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Access to live feed from clock on MY04?

Hi

I remember a step by step guide to removing the cup holder to get to the clock mounting panel etc.

I want to get a live feed for my Snooper.

Anyone have the URL or the notes?

Thanks
Old 11 September 2005, 11:39 PM
kayeabl
Scooby Regular

Default Live Feed

Hi,

Its much easier to take the feed from the cigarette lighter than from the clock. I positioned my snooper to the right of the windscreen ran the wire down and behind the right side of the dash then removed the trim and fed the wire carefully over the steering column and behind the centre console to the cigarette lighter. I would recommed tying up the wire with plenty of cable ties though so there is no danger of it intefering with the pedals or steering.

Cheers

Ash
Old 19 September 2005, 03:47 PM
wrx_sti_my04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kayeabl
Hi,

Its much easier to take the feed from the cigarette lighter than from the clock. I positioned my snooper to the right of the windscreen ran the wire down and behind the right side of the dash then removed the trim and fed the wire carefully over the steering column and behind the centre console to the cigarette lighter. I would recommed tying up the wire with plenty of cable ties though so there is no danger of it intefering with the pedals or steering.

Cheers

Ash
Thanks for the post Ash, opted for the clock feed after failing to remove the right trim screws to get to the cig lighter. Found an earth and a live that was on with the ignition and no problems so far. Amazing how the install looks better without usual feed plugged into the lighter socket.
T