Notices

Imobiliser playing up

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2005, 07:08 PM
catmeat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imobiliser playing up

I have a my00 classic with a subaru fitted alarm/imobiliser,took it to my parents got out would not lock with the key fob,the fob still lights up when u press it so the batteries r working,got in the car and it worked,got out and it didnt,then got it to lock,then took about ten minutes to unlock it,anyway took it to the dealer where it worked fine,they r going to check it and get me some new batteries for the fob,any ideas?

ps sending off as dont have the pin code
Old 15 August 2005, 05:03 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Any mobile phone masts etc. about?

Common problem on MY00, mine does it now and then, just make sure you get the PIN code. The fob seems to work best if held against the drivers side window or in the drivers side wheel arch, guess the receiver must be on that side of the car.

Apparently there was an improved alarm control box with better shielding to prevent interference but having mentioned it many times while mine was still under warranty I couldn't get any of the dealerships I used to fit a new one

As it's now out of warranty I'll just put up with it.
Old 18 August 2005, 08:48 PM
reidzer44
Scooby Newbie

hi have same problem , mate of mine is a subaru mechanic in aberdeen , he said it is a common fault and it can be rectified for 90 quid, most subaru dealers will do it try and speak to a mechanic if possible........