Notices

Canadian needs UK fog light info.

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2005, 05:05 AM
Vancouver
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Canadian needs UK fog light info.

Hello,
I have a 2005 Impreza 2.5RS with Canadian style small projector beam fog lights. Can someone tell me what I have to change in the sub bumper area to accomodate the UK style large diameter fog lights & bezels. They look so much better than the little ones! I know the bezels conform to the bumper exactly, but there's no room behind the plastic bumper shell for them due to bumper support interference. At the very least, can you name a UK Subaru dealer that would know exactly what parts I need to do this conversion. Thanks very much!
Old 15 July 2005, 11:53 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver
Hello,
I have a 2005 Impreza 2.5RS with Canadian style small projector beam fog lights. Can someone tell me what I have to change in the sub bumper area to accomodate the UK style large diameter fog lights & bezels. They look so much better than the little ones! I know the bezels conform to the bumper exactly, but there's no room behind the plastic bumper shell for them due to bumper support interference. At the very least, can you name a UK Subaru dealer that would know exactly what parts I need to do this conversion. Thanks very much!
I would imagine that the same kit used to fit foglights to a UK STI (only the WRX comes with fogs in the UK, the STI comes without) would so the job for you. It contains all the mountings and the lights themselves.

As far as dealers go, I would suggest giving one of the companies that advertise on here a call, most should be able to help you.
If you need any further help, feel free to drop me a line
Old 15 July 2005, 01:12 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the kit to swap UK WRX foglights to a UK STi:

I seem to recall a thread on NASIOC where this was attempted on a US car and they had the same trouble as you. Something to do with a different crash protection design for the front of your cars?
The set above is provisionally sold at moment though, but I'll look at the part numbers and them on.

BTW, can you tell me the size of holes in the bezels you have? If its 90mm or more then would you fancy selling them?
Nick