Notices

Prodrive driving lights on MY01 WRX - covers?

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2005, 11:45 PM
scooby_bob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Prodrive driving lights on MY01 WRX - covers?

After 3 years of not seeing where I am going at night, I've just fitted a set of WR Sport/Prodrive driving lights to my 01 WRX (bugeye) and am really impressed with the improvement - really makes a difference when out in the sticks. The lights themselves are Hella units (1000FFs) branded as Prodrive - 800 quid for the gas-discharge version seemed a bit much so I just stuck with halogen, but still pretty bright!

Thanks to the good people on this forum for your posts about how to fit these - very useful especially when finding the mystery "32way connector" under the dash.

Next thing - need to get some clear lamp covers for them to stop stone damage. My local Scooby dealer (Sparshatts) supplied the light units, but they don't sell covers. However a number of ppl on this forum suggest that you can get such things.

Anybody know where I can get some?
Old 23 March 2005, 09:59 PM
scooby_bob
Scooby Newbie

Question

Anybody know a source for those covers then? Would appreciate advice from anyone who has them.
Old 06 April 2005, 08:04 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

I managed to obtain a second hand set off the for sale site. The seller told me he obtained them originally from the Scooby Shop (on this site) but, you need to give them a call as the internet site doesn't list them. If you're really struggling and just want some protection I have a spare set of Hella plastic covers for those lights, however they are white with Hella in black across them and therefore you'll have to take them off when you want to use them (£7)

Kevin
Old 08 April 2005, 09:29 PM
dazc
Scooby Regular

I have these lights too. 130watt bulbs in them though, (use 30w fuse instead of 20w) Superb light and I am really pleased with them.
As for the covers, I use the standard impreza clear fog light covers.
Its a bit of a squeeze as one of the 3 lugs doesn't go all the way on, but they fit. Daz

Originally Posted by scooby_bob
Anybody know a source for those covers then? Would appreciate advice from anyone who has them.