Notices

Clock has decided to die!

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2005, 09:41 AM
jpar196
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock has decided to die!

Hey guys, the clock on my my01 bugeye sti has decided to die yesterday. I had done an ECU reset before it died on me, I dont know weather it was coincidence or the ecu reset had caused it. any way the even more weired thing is it decides to come to life every now and then while Im driving ! what could cause this ? considering it does come to life now and then, its not a fuse could a loose wire be causing this ? plz shed me some light

thx a lot in advance
Old 25 January 2005, 06:33 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Mine stopped working at the weekend for no real reason on my 2001 bugeye. It can't be the fuse as according to the owners manual, the relevant fuse is shared with the inside light.

Anyone with any ideas?

or did you get an answer jpar196?
Old 26 January 2005, 07:21 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

changed a few of these now seems there could be a problem with them a new one is about £50 plus vat i think
Old 28 January 2005, 05:52 PM
Postman Pat
Scooby Regular

Lads check the bulb before doing any retail therapy. I have a MY99 and the bulb went a while ago and it was intermittent too (kept correct time but couldn't see it due to no illumination)

Pat
Old 29 January 2005, 02:37 AM
jpar196
Scooby Regular

hey guys, no the clock is not fixed and its still going on and off, It came back to life just this afternoon after about a week of death. I think my problem is a weak connection problems, but check your clock fuses in the fuse box. mine is ok obviously as it comes and goes, any way try ur fuses, or try giving the dash above the clock a good smack. It did the trick for me haha -_-
Old 29 January 2005, 09:33 AM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Postman Pat
Lads check the bulb before doing any retail therapy. I have a MY99 and the bulb went a while ago and it was intermittent too (kept correct time but couldn't see it due to no illumination)

Pat
Thanks.. but how do you get to the bulb? I don't want to force the panel or anything wrongly and make a hash of accessing the back of the clock. Mine's a bugeye.
Old 30 January 2005, 01:10 AM
Postman Pat
Scooby Regular

Mine's a classic obviously. It entailed taking the instrument cluster out which is easy as it's all electrical (no speedo cable). Don't know about yours
Old 02 March 2005, 08:50 PM
Unibrook
Scooby Newbie

Default Clock fix 2001

You Brits seem often to refer to the odometer as a clock. The problem being addressed here is regarding the actual digital time-telling device known as a clock. In the 2001 Forester, the clock is located overhead near the spotlights. The problem is that although the clock keeps time ok, the display becomes intermittent. Several USA subee owners have performed the fix detailed in the attached url. Or email me if you cant open it. You need a small screwdriver, soldering iron, solder to perform the fix.
http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/forum/...4&page=2&pp=10
Best of luck, and email me if further ?
Unibrook

Originally Posted by Postman Pat
Mine's a classic obviously. It entailed taking the instrument cluster out which is easy as it's all electrical (no speedo cable). Don't know about yours