Notices

Subaru Standard Fit Alarm on Bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2005, 06:39 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Subaru Standard Fit Alarm on Bugeye

Ocassionally I've noticed that my alarm key fob fails switch the alarm on when I leave the car. The fob has had the battery changed by a subaru dealer roughly 3 months ago so I'm hopeful its not that, however, I wanted to ask if it could be down to something else.

When in the car driving around, if I'm somewhere I don't like the look of etc I lock the doors from the inside. Now, could this be throwing the alarm out? I only ask because when the key fob last failed I was forced to use the key and the chap said he had to reset the alarm due to this action. In addition I haven't looked the doors from the inside since and the alarm seems to be playing happy families??

Or, is my alarm just playing funny burgers!!

Kevin
Old 04 January 2005, 06:43 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Mods if you could move to the security section it'd be greatly appreciated - I missed it on my subject search.

Kevin
Old 06 January 2005, 09:11 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Operating the central locking in any way (internally, externally with ignition on or off) will not effect the alarm in any way. The alarm system's connections to the vehicle's CDL system comprise only of outputs to operate the locking. -there are no inputs.
Intermitent operation could be due to depleted radio key batteries as you suggest, local RF interference blocking your radio key transmission (usually seen on vehicles produced from 99 to mid 01), a poor connection where the keypad harness plugs into the alarm unit (this also incorporates the antennae wire) and on some 2003MY Imprezas the antennae wire was taped into the loom which reduced the operating range - particularly when approaching the vehicle from the off side rear. The aerial wire (approx 6" black wire) should hang freely from the alarm unit, away from any metal for maximu operating range.
SS
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk
Ocassionally I've noticed that my alarm key fob fails switch the alarm on when I leave the car. The fob has had the battery changed by a subaru dealer roughly 3 months ago so I'm hopeful its not that, however, I wanted to ask if it could be down to something else.

When in the car driving around, if I'm somewhere I don't like the look of etc I lock the doors from the inside. Now, could this be throwing the alarm out? I only ask because when the key fob last failed I was forced to use the key and the chap said he had to reset the alarm due to this action. In addition I haven't looked the doors from the inside since and the alarm seems to be playing happy families??

Or, is my alarm just playing funny burgers!!

Kevin
Old 06 January 2005, 07:25 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice Sam, it seems to be behaving itself now. But I think I'll look a bit deeper into the points you have raised.

Kevin