Notices

MY05 STi headlight bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 11:09 PM
chrisr111
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 STi headlight bulb?

Can someone please confirm what size/type (H4, H3, H1 etc.) the dipped beam headlight bulbs are in an MY05 STi.

Thanks,

Chris.
Old 20 November 2004, 12:11 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

H1 in an 04. Can't think that they'd be different.
Old 20 November 2004, 01:09 PM
SL_WRX
Scooby Regular

Yeh - H1 for low beam, and HB3 for main beam.

I just got some upgraded bulbs for my 04STI.

If your replacing your's then good luck fitting - its a very fiddly job to do !
Old 20 November 2004, 03:59 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

2 off 10mm headed bolts above the grille and the air trunking is off on the drivers side. That makes that one much easier.

The passenger side is down behind the battery, you could take the battery off but it's a bit of hassle to do that and even with it in place there's a fair amount of space.
Old 20 November 2004, 08:26 PM
SL_WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
2 off 10mm headed bolts above the grille and the air trunking is off on the drivers side. That makes that one much easier.

The passenger side is down behind the battery, you could take the battery off but it's a bit of hassle to do that and even with it in place there's a fair amount of space.
Thanks Chelspeed. I managed the battery side okay with a fair amount of fiddling, but havent done the other side yet due to the weather today. I was contemplating removing the air intake due to the even less lack of space, so hopefully that will make it easier. Does the air truncking remove easily from the bit that goes into the side panel ?
Old 21 November 2004, 04:59 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Yep, once it's unbolted it sort of lifts clear of the front and unclips from the bit of airbox sticking thro the wing. Refits just as easily, clip it into the airbox and then drop it down onto the front and bolt it up. Very easy and simple job to remove and refit.
Old 21 November 2004, 06:09 PM
SL_WRX
Scooby Regular

Yep, once it's unbolted it sort of lifts clear of the front and unclips from the bit of airbox sticking thro the wing. Refits just as easily, clip it into the airbox and then drop it down onto the front and bolt it up. Very easy and simple job to remove and refit.
Thanks Chelspeed - most appreciated.
Old 22 November 2004, 03:20 PM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

chelspeed,

is it just a straight pull out job from the section in the inner wing panel or are there any clips or catches to release.

i tied this yesterday but the flat plastic duct seemed very reluctant to part from its brother in the wing panel

thanks in anticipation.
Old 22 November 2004, 04:58 PM
SL_WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trubwrx
chelspeed,

is it just a straight pull out job from the section in the inner wing panel or are there any clips or catches to release.

i tied this yesterday but the flat plastic duct seemed very reluctant to part from its brother in the wing panel

thanks in anticipation.
trubwrx,

I have just done this today on my 04 sti - just remove the bolts and lift from the front and it just pops out (it didnt need much force). Same to install back just line it up, and push it down and clicks back into place - i was surprised how easy it was.
Old 23 November 2004, 08:01 AM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SL_WRX
trubwrx,

I have just done this today on my 04 sti - just remove the bolts and lift from the front and it just pops out (it didnt need much force). Same to install back just line it up, and push it down and clicks back into place - i was surprised how easy it was.
thanks i will give it a go