Notices

Kenwood LZ907 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2004, 12:55 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood LZ907 wiring

My Legacy came fitted with a Japanese Kenwood LZ907 TV and navigation unit. When I had my tracker fitted I asked the Auto Elec if he could remove it along with the aerials that were attached to the back window, as I wanted to put it on EBay

I was given a large cardboard box that contained that head unit, a GPS antenna, an IR receiver, two TV aerials, A Kenwood DVZ 2000 DVD based navigation unit with a Kenwood VF-B2000 glued onto the top of it and a few miles of wiring, one of which contains a microphone and a microswitch.

I assume the Kenwood unit can be run on it's own, but what appears to be the power wire is very scary. It's a six pin connector that goes off to a small extension wire with a 13pin male socket on one end and 13 pin female on the other end and looks something like this:

o----oo
oooooo
oooooo

Does anyone recognise that connector, is it just power for the ICE on a subaru?

There is also a data cable that goes between the two units that claims to be for the touch screen. And that power connector has more things spliced into it that go to the DVD unit but contain large black boxes in-line on some of the wires and I have no idea how they work

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the Kenwood head unit?

My plan is to hook it up to the TV-out of a mini ITX motherboard and run something like deltadash. This part should be fairly easy.

More difficult, but is there any way of reading the touchscreen interface and converting that into something useful, such as a PS/2 Mouse?

Failing that does anyone want to buy the thing off me?