Notices

Want spots and fogs but where?

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2004, 11:49 PM
surfer boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Want spots and fogs but where?

I want to keep the oem fog lights but add some driving lights. I live in a coastal area and mist and fog are fairly regular so the fog lights do get used as intended, but driving lights would be useful for the rest of the time.The question is where and will it just look rubbish? Has anyone done this and got pics?
Old 07 September 2004, 05:07 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

I had a very small pair of driving lights, (not spots, but better IMHO), fitted either side of the number plate on my car. I now have HID Hella lights where the fogs were.

The lights were by Raydyot, and I had 100W H3 bulbs in them they were very good.

To fit them, I had to cut down my numberplate, (but since I only have 2 numbers, it was easy), and also cut out a small piece of the grille for the rear of the light to go through.

No pics, but I do have a brand new pair of the lights in my garage if you're interested?

Alcazar
Old 08 September 2004, 12:57 AM
surfer boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erm -not sure I'm into that dramatic a surgery but ta for the reply. Did you have any problems with heat build up due to the proximity to the rad? I've seen another car with mini driving lights there but they were mounted off the front bumper as far as I could tell.
Old 08 September 2004, 08:12 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

No probs with heat build up.

It's not really major surgery, as you can't see the removed piece of grille, (it's a piece about 3 inches long from one bar) when the lights are in place, and you have to bend to see it when they aren't.

Fixing was with two drywall metal (stainless) fittings in the top of the lower grille area, so invisible again, and the lights held on with m5 stainless bolts.

I slightly modded the fittings with the lights, the brackets, by ovalising one hole with a needle file to give side to side adjustment.

Alcazar