Fitting Scoobysport Oscar+ kit

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2001, 12:47 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

A_E,

The job is straight forward. There is no cutting required and the instructions that Scoobysport supply are very comprehensive. It took me about an hour to install them the first time, but on my second car it only took 20 minutes.

They are wired to come on with full beams. The standard kit does *NOT* include the master on/off switch wired through the fog light, although it can be supplied again by Scoobysport at an additional cost.

I've only ever had the standard kit, so I don't know how difficult the over-ride switch is to wire in.

Hope this helps
Andy

PS - I'm sure if you have any other queries, Scoobysport will willingly answer your questions.
Old 22 September 2001, 10:48 AM
alter_ego
Scooby Regular

Question

Is it an easy job? I.e. straight bolt-in with no cutting / drilling of panels etc. Also, in standard form is there a master on / off switch; if not how difficult is it to incorporate the existing fog on / off switch as one?

TIA,

A_E
Old 23 September 2001, 12:43 PM
alter_ego
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Andy Tang:
<B>
It took me about an hour to install them the first time, but on my second car it only took 20 minutes.
[/quote]

Thanks Andy, even I should manage it in an afternoon, then.

A_E

Old 25 September 2001, 01:05 AM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

Andy, I've asked this before, and you may have answered before, but as you have them fitted, how good are they, and can you comment in comparison to the PIAA lights.

I need extra lighting, but the price of the PIAA lights, which I've been told are awesome, and especially the replacement costs for the inevitable broken lenses, are a big stumbling block vs the Cibie set up and also the recently recommended Hella system. A thoughts gratefully received.