Type RA and Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2001, 12:01 PM
scoootie5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Small prob which is giving me a BIG headache

Bought my Jap Type RA 2nd hand as you do and the owner before me has put on some smaller PIAA fog lamps for some reason but has also rewired the lights to their own relay under the bonnet etc.

I have bought some original Subaru fog lamps and want to use the standard wiring. I have found the connectors behind the bumper but cannot find the wires/block behind the dash?

Do all Imprezas Jap or Uk come with the wiring for the fog lamps? Where are the wires linked to so I can try and chase them?

I looked at the colour of the wires by the bumper (black and white with black)and tried to look for them under the dash but could not find them anywhere.

There is also a relay by the fuse box (the lowest one) which is not in use!!! Has the previous owner completly taken out all the wires????

THROB THROB THROB

Any Help GREATLY appreciated
Thanks
Scott

[This message has been edited by scoootie5 (edited 28 June 2001).]
Old 28 June 2001, 01:07 PM
Aero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scootie,

the RA's come with nothing for the fogs at all. Not even a button on the dash. You should have a button for your rear fog which will have been installed as a requirement of the SVA.
Most people (me included) use the holes in the bumper for much more useful driving lights and wire them to the main beam.