Notices

Flashing light

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2001, 12:41 AM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Are you sure its not speed cameras flashing or the copper behind you?

~Jules
Old 14 June 2001, 09:36 AM
Nick me if you can
Scooby Newbie

The interior light starts flashing when Sccoby reaches 135mph. Any ideas as to what causes this?
Old 14 June 2001, 01:08 PM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

I am assuming that you have an alarm fitted to your car.

If this is the case, then it is highly probable that the bonnet switch fitted at the time of the alarm instal has been wired to the same circuit as the interior lights.

The cause of your problem will be that the switch has been set so that it makes contact as soon as the bonnet starts to lift.

At the sort of speeds you are quoting, you will find that the bonnet flexes just enough to close said switch and bring on the interior lights.

To cure your problem you will need to adjust the switch, close the bonnet & all doors, then try to manualy lift the area of the bonnet adjusent to the switch, if at this point the interior lights come on then you will need to re-adjust.

Hope this helps
Phil

Old 14 June 2001, 01:23 PM
Graham Dimmock
Scooby Regular

Wink

Or you could slow down a bit ..... No forget that - Silly idea

Cheers
GRiDlock
Old 14 June 2001, 08:05 PM
Nick me if you can
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Barretts Motorsport:
<B>I am assuming that you have an alarm fitted to your car.

If this is the case, then it is highly probable that the bonnet switch fitted at the time of the alarm instal has been wired to the same circuit as the interior lights.

The cause of your problem will be that the switch has been set so that it makes contact as soon as the bonnet starts to lift.

At the sort of speeds you are quoting, you will find that the bonnet flexes just enough to close said switch and bring on the interior lights.

To cure your problem you will need to adjust the switch, close the bonnet & all doors, then try to manualy lift the area of the bonnet adjusent to the switch, if at this point the interior lights come on then you will need to re-adjust.

Hope this helps
Phil

[/quote]

Old 14 June 2001, 08:06 PM
Nick me if you can
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your help Phil. I will give it a go at the weekend. If I make 140mph then it's worked. Will let you know.
Cheers mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Barretts Motorsport:
<B>I am assuming that you have an alarm fitted to your car.

Hope this helps
Phil

[/quote]