Notices

ScoobySport Driving lamp instructions

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2001, 05:41 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for the ScoobySport driving lamps?

Are you willing to scan them, and either post them here or email them to andrewtang1@aol.com

Thanks
Andy

PS - If you are local to me, I will buy you a pint next time I see you!! Or I can post you a pint!!!
Old 21 March 2001, 12:15 AM
Aero
Scooby Regular

It can look a nightmare, but it's not.

This is a quick run through the process I followed (minus the swearing and stuff. in no particular order.

Remve the three bolts three bolts where the lamps are going in. Your indicator will come out also.

Where you have the two eyelets in the middle of the loom, seperate those so you have one single width wire instead of a short double width.

Feed it down and through avoiding hot things and bringing the lamp conentors out of the appropriate holes.

Bring the eyelets back out and make sure they can reach earth points on either wing. Should be a bolt you can use on both.

You've got four wires coming out of the relay. It's fairly obvious where they go but I can't remember off the top of my head, but plug them where they go anyway.

Open the back of the n/s head light and there are three wires. two red and a stripey one. The wire with no connector on the end from the relay scotch locks to the stripey one.

Pop the lamps in (put your indicator back)Tidy everything up and off you go, night to day.

If you're near b/stoke I can give you a hand.

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 21 March 2001, 08:22 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Why not give that nice Mr Croney a ring and ask him........
Old 21 March 2001, 08:01 PM
Yee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Andy
I have just fitted mine. To do a good job takes time, but it is quite simple. I don't have any instructions as got them second hand (Cheers Dave).

I took off both headlamps and the grill only about 8 bolts as this makes the job Very easy. The relay can be put into the fuse box under the bonnet,with all the other relays, you need to take the fuse box out to do this as it has to be pushed in from underneath, and the positive feed then can be run straight to the battery.

The earth can be attached to one of the fuse box bolts.

As Aero said the other wire goes to the back of the headlight (I think it’s the white/yellow wire on the headlight but don’t quote me on this, will find out for you if need be) DON’T use scotch locks as they are cr@p strip and solder any/all joints and tape them up.

The other wire goes to the SS lamps, this bit is easy, you just need a couple of GOOD earths. If you use good connections (earth, feed etc) your lamps will be brighter and last longer.

With every thing off it is easy to tie-rap all the cable out of sight then put it all back together and is a job well done, pat yourself on the back with how clever you are and retire to the pup to tell your mates of your lamp fitting adventures.

On no account show the wife / girlfriend as she will just think your sad.

After I was finished you could only tell I had fitted them because of the feed wire to the battery.

If you need any more help mail me and I will send you a couple of photos.

Cheers

Yee
Old 21 March 2001, 11:06 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Thanks for the replies guys!!

The instructions weren't for me!! I'm selling my old driving lamps, but don't have any instructions!

I think the buyer has spoken to Mr Croney, so no issue!!

Thanks
Andy