Notices

Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2001, 12:05 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My autowatch RLi 160 has been playing up.

Baiscally it's been giving false alarms (well, I have not seen any thieving gits near the car )

I set the alarm, and then around nine hours later (middle of the bloody night!) it goes off, I reset it and then a few hours later it goes off.

Now, the second time I reset it i turned OFF the interior protection system, and did not hear a thing.

Then next night (last night) similar thing happened, ie; alarm went off. I reset it, turned off interior protection, volia, not a peep out of it.

so, I'm guessing that the interior sensors are playing up, or the signal to them is, or it's something else.

so...
anyone know if there is a diagnostic mode for the autowatch, and if so how to activate it? I have the manual at home, so I can check, but a) I'm at work at the moment, and b) I'm a lazy sod that does not read that much

any help?

anyone know anyone in Kent area that would have a look at the alarm for me?
Old 05 March 2001, 10:06 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Wink

Markus, As an alarm engineer i can tell you that Autowatch are usualy very good. It sounds like your sensors are too sensitive or knacked. if you remove the panal just under your steering wheel you should see a box the size of a match bos with two leads going into it, these are your sensors. It will have a little white turn screw for sensitiverty try turning it down, It should have a led light to tell you when the sensors are picking up movement (this works when the alarm is armed) if this doesn't work you need new ones.
Sorry it's long hope it helps if you need anything else just E-Mail me and i'll try to help. For one of my engineers to come out to you your looking at £45 so worth trying yourself first.
Old 06 March 2001, 11:29 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

cheers mate! I'll look for the box, to be honest I've never been 100 percent sure that the sensors are working!

BTW - bit cheeky I know, but you don't happen to have a full list of the control codes for the autowatch do you? The codes i'm after are the ones that are activated by using the ignition switch to put the system into its setting mode, ie; 9 - 9 turns on/off the 'chirps' 3 - 3 turns on/off door locking on ignition on. etc....

Is there a code to disable the motion sensors?

Oh, and sods law cam into effect, car was parked at my house last night, armed with motion sensors and I did not hear a squeak from it, typical!