Notices

New Snooper S4-NEO

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2004, 03:10 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got one of these? Anygood?
Can't find any reviews on the net cos it came out only recently, looks like a tidy unit though.

http://www.snooper-radar-detectors.co.uk/s1.htm

Dipster
Old 18 January 2004, 03:55 PM
PJA
Scooby Regular

I looked at these at the Autosport show, they retail at £380 but were on offer at £349. I came very close to buying one.

I felt that it was a better all round package than Road Angel, with an easy to read display and built in laser detector (for what its worth). It will interface to their remote radar/laser detector at £100 but I don't think it will interface to the laser jammer.

A very neat unit from a company that should know a thing or two about radar detectors.

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone using the S4

PJA
Old 01 February 2004, 08:25 AM
PJA
Scooby Regular

No one tried it yet ?

PJA
Old 01 February 2004, 10:15 PM
scoobtur8o
Scooby Newbie

Smile

The Origin B2 is the one to have, currently awaiting radar head test to confirm though. See www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk for reliable reviews on all available models.

To be totally honest I wouldn't trust a Snooper of any description, I have been using a Bel 550 since they were released and it picks up even the mobile vans without fail, being based in Essex it is well proven. I tried every Snooper model available at the time, and they wouldn't make a sound even when next to the vans! I do know of people who use the new S5 which seems to work, but I'd still take the Bel, ok, it isn't GPS, but it's still the best radar/laser.

Hope this helps.

[Edited by scoobtur8o - 2/1/2004 10:21:05 PM]