Notices

MY95 Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2003, 07:47 PM
andyol1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a bit of advice regarding the poor OE front lights on MY95 WRX. I know you can get driving light to replace the front fogs but am I correct in that they can only be used on main beam. I want to upgrade the dipped beam performance, is it true that it is illegal to have spot lamps that come on with dipped? I have tried uprated lamps and although thay have helped a bit they are still well below modern standards.

Have considered post MY96 lights but this means new bonnet grill etc which seems a bit much just for more light!

Any ideas and suggested suppliers?

Andy
Old 08 November 2003, 09:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

DON'T go the "post '96" route, the lights are just as dire!
You have very few options here:
Have you thought of Morettes? They only use the same H4 bulbs, but the reflectors/lenses are designed properly, so you get light where it should be, not all over the place.

Driving lights with H4 bulbs in them, allowing an extra pair of dips, as well as an extra pair of main beams.......Cibie used to make some, but I think they were called Oscar H4, and if they were Oscars, you'll have depth probs fitting them, not to mention you'll have to make your own brackets. They were bloody good though:

The last, and dearest option is an Autolamps-Online HID conversion for dip and main beam for your existing lights.

Just as an afterthought.........are you certain that your lights are set up properly? A sight change can make a lot of difference.

Alcazar