Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2003, 05:19 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Help !!!
MY99 Impreza Turbo Sigma factory fitted cat 1 alarm

Been away on holiday, so car has been parked up for two weeks. Drove back from Birmingham yesterday no problem.
Out and about this morning, then parked at Tesco, tried to lock the car using the alarm but it would not work. So i locked the car with the key and did my shopping blah blah blah ..... came back out would not start because the immobiliser was obviously still on. Kept pressing the button on the alarm fob, nothing bought some new batteries still didn’t work.
Called my wife up and she fetched my spare key and alarm fob still to no avail.
Called Dean of Dumfries where the car originally came from to try and get the 4 digit pin number to manually override the system and a must they were VERY VERY helpful (thanks guys), suggesting all sorts and even calling Sigma for the code which they got but unfortunately this appeared not to work either.
Pulling my hair out by this time and playing hidey boo with the supermarket security guy (who didn’t have the bottle to come over even though the alarm by this time was blaring out because suddenly the alarm button worked but only to lock and fully arm the car).
So in the end I phoned the AA, chap who came out was again very helpful, but could not help, in the end nothing for it but a tow home (how embarrassing!!) picture the scene - alarm blaring, me sat steering, towed at 20mph, passed the local school (at home time) and hospital – need I say more !!.
Anyway get the car home disconnect the tow, press the alarm fob and guess what… yep it disarms. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh !!!!!!
Jumped in and started her up, letting it run for 30 mins, turned it off and guess what…. Yep works fine.. lock … unlock, lock … unlock, .. lock … unlock, lock … unlock. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON why that’s all I want to know WHY ..
Old 14 June 2003, 11:08 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Age old story of interference. Some radio mast / telephone mast will be interfering with your remote.

You should be able to take it to your dealer and get the alarm receiver/ecu replaced for a shielded one that I think operates on a slightly different frequency so that you don't get this problem.

It's a common problem, do a search as it has been mentioned on here numerous times. If you had pushed the car probably 200 yards away from tesco, it would probably have been OK.
Old 14 June 2003, 11:28 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thing is i never shopat Tesco !!!.

Thanks for the info