Notices

Front foggies

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2003, 11:27 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

MY98. UK car. Front foggies only come on very faintly when fog light switch is switched on and main beam is on only. Wiring is a bit wierd. I think it used to be wired up such that the foggies came on with the main beam. There is an additional multi plug on the rear of the headlight next to the battery. This is connected to what appears to be a relay located (and earthed) to the bulkhead. The wires from here extend to the rear of each foglamp but are not connected (the foglights are connected to what would appear to be the origional wiring.) To confuse matters there is a red wire that is connected to the rear of the fog light switch and this connects into the multi plug mentioned earlier. I have tried to disconnect the multi plug but when this is done, the foggies do not work at all. Help! No need for a hasty reply though as it is in the body shop at the moment thanks to a Mishibishi Pajero with large bull bars!
Old 25 May 2003, 08:17 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

It does indeed sound as if they were modded to come on with headlights.

You'll need to remove ALL extra wiring, and plug the foglights back into the original 2way plugs behind them.

Edited to say: just re-read your post, and they are connected.
If they've been disconnected, for some time, their connectors, or the ones on the car, could be corroded. Check this too, and clean up with small files, emery, wet or dry etc.

They SHOULD then work.
I'd be inclined to keep the wiring somewhere safe, in case you decide to go for driving lights later on.
Alcazar

[Edited by alcazar - 5/25/2003 8:20:16 AM]
Old 25 May 2003, 11:33 AM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Cheers Alcazar, You confirmed what I was thinking.